X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman Tank AirSoft BB not firing correctly

I have been running and firing the airsoft BB's. But, tonight I noticed it was not firing correctly. It stop firing if I continue to fire about 3-4 times the BB's start coming out. It then stops firing again. What can I do or check?

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
    I have been running and firing the airsoft BB's. But, tonight I noticed it was not firing correctly. It stop firing if I continue to fire about 3-4 times the BB's start coming out. It then stops firing again. What can I do or check?
    Sounds like it is jammed. The best way to unjam it is to take the turret off and remove the airsoft cannon for maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Sounds like it is jammed. The best way to unjam it is to take the turret off and remove the airsoft cannon for maintenance.
      Sounds easy, but.... Looks like my T-72's gun is jammed. No pellets coming out. I've opened the hull to inspect the gun. Externally, levers and springs seem to be working. here's my symptom, something has jammed in the barrel, most likely pellets since nothing has been shoved in the muzzle, dirt or anything else. I know this because a stick pushed in from the muzzle only goes in 2/3 of the way. I've compared this to two other tanks, and the stick goes in those as far as the firing mechanism itself. I could use a Harley tool (hammer) to smack the obstruction, but my guess there are other pellets behind the first. Any ideas guys?
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Sounds easy, but.... Looks like my T-72's gun is jammed. No pellets coming out. I've opened the hull to inspect the gun. Externally, levers and springs seem to be working. here's my symptom, something has jammed in the barrel, most likely pellets since nothing has been shoved in the muzzle, dirt or anything else. I know this because a stick pushed in from the muzzle only goes in 2/3 of the way. I've compared this to two other tanks, and the stick goes in those as far as the firing mechanism itself. I could use a Harley tool (hammer) to smack the obstruction, but my guess there are other pellets behind the first. Any ideas guys?
        Removing the barrel is pretty straight forward.

Once you get the turret disassembled...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	HL_T72_barrel_01.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	265031

Remove this screw from each side and unhook the little spring..

Name:	HL_T72_barrel_02.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	265032

Name:	HL_T72_barrel_03.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	265033

Then you can easily use a rod or dowel to probe the barrel...

Comment

Fantastic, B! Excellent pictures, too!

Comment

Beeg, a follow-on: I see you separated the top and bottom halves of the turret. Is that process a simple unscrew and pull out, or are there iwres that need to be unplugged?

Edit: disregard the above. Armed with your photos, I successfully removed the metal barrel tube. There were a dozen pellets in the tube and the gun. However, this prompts another question. There is a small rubber sleeve that fell out when I pulled the barrel out of the mechanism. Any idea where this fits? TIA!

Edit 2: The rubber sleeve is a gasket that snugs the metal gun tube into the scale barrel. That's the good news. The bad news is the gun malfunctions. Pellets won't feed and fire. Don't know if that's what caused so many pellets to jam, of the other way around, the pellet jam caused the gun to break. Either way, it's a new gun mechanism for me. Ah well.

Comment

I am struggling trying to determine how to remove the Airsoft from my Sherman Tank. As you can see in pic 1 there is a screw (one on each side) connecting the Airsoft to the barrel. Based on the pics from Beeg I should be able to remove the barrel (pic 2 area circled). I can pull the sides apart but can not extract that front section. I do not want to pull it too hard because I am concerned about breaking it. This is due to parts are in short supply. Is there a trick to remove the front section? Finally, I can purchase and install a standard Airsoft replacement without recoil and have it work in my tank?

Click image for larger version  Name:	turret 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	266101Click image for larger version  Name:	turret 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	266102

Comment

Airsoft Problem:

Hi guys, I'm back with my problem T-72 airsoft unit. Using the advice here, I removed the barrel and unjammed the unit, documented at post #6. However, I must be missing something, maybe literally. I've disassembled the turret to inspect the unit.

The pellets feed into the breech correctly. It's at this point the problem occurs. With the barrel removed, when the pellet drops and the gun is fired, the pellet just dribbles out. With the barrel inserted, the pellet still isn't shot, it just stays in the barrel - not jammed, just not expelled by the bolt. Is there something that normally holds the pellet close to the bolt so the thrust is transferred, or is there something else I should be looking at? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Comment

Is the little rubber seal in the breach of the barrel?

Comment

Not knowing, I’d put on the outside of the barrel. So, inside? In the barrel, then put the barrel into the gun, or in the breech, then put the barrel in? I’m sure that’s the solution, whichever way you recommend.

Edit: tried it, it works! I put the rubber into the gun breech, then put the barrel in. It fires fine now! I hope that was the way it should be done. Another successful job in the maintenance yard! (bench, that is) Thanks!

Comment

That's the ticket!

Comment

Beeg Thanks for the pics/description! Had approx 10 BBs stuck in barrel and had to take everything apart to get into turret and unclog. Used your pics, worked like a charm. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X