X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Down Parts

Ok, I finally had sometime to take my new Challenger 2 out this afternoon with my grandson. I was a lot of fun and we had a great time. I used the 2S 3500 battery and we went 45 minutes with no sign of fade. The issue is when I pick it up I was missing a lot of the press fit parts. GLUE THE PARTS DOWN. I sure rather know when one breaks off by hitting something than one of the little parts just vibrate off when the tank is 50 feet away. I lost one of the smoke grenade launchers, the machine gun barrel, one of the steel side cables and the gas cans between the fuel drums. I walk the lot for fifteen minutes and only found the steel side cable. I'm going to glue everything down before I take the Leopard out. I have lost the machine gun barrals from all of my tanks, but never as much as today. Press fit does not cut it when blasting around a dirt and rock lot at speed. Glue any parts that you don't want to vibrate off when doing what these awesome tanks are supposed to do. Sorry for the rant.

I use rubber cement to hold down the small parts. Flexible and easy to remove if need be.

Also. On my Challenger I lost one of the exhaust covers. Be careful not to lose those. They are not replaceable without buying a full upper hull. It’s not one of the plastic parts. I am hoping that someone will make a 3D printable replacement part.

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
      I use rubber cement to hold down the small parts. Flexible and easy to remove if need be.

Also. On my Challenger I lost one of the exhaust covers. Be careful not to lose those. They are not replaceable without buying a full upper hull. It’s not one of the plastic parts. I am hoping that someone will make a 3D printable replacement part.
      Actually they are available on Aliexpress. I just saw them listed a few days ago. But with shipping being as long as two months they might as well be unavailable. I hope Motion figures it out soon and starts carrying all the spare parts and upgrades so we don’t have to deal with the hole shipping from China thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Actually they are available on Aliexpress. I just saw them listed a few days ago. But with shipping being as long as two months they might as well be unavailable. I hope Motion figures it out soon and starts carrying all the spare parts and upgrades so we don’t have to deal with the hole shipping from China thing.
        I hear that load and clear. I hope MRC does too. I'm constantly having to look for and order general as well as upgrade parts off Aliexpress. I ordered a couple things from the UK (Forgebear) awhile back and it took just as long as from China. This is getting really old...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I have been all over Aliexpress and can't find that part. If you could provide a link I would appreciate it.

Comment

here are your parts
            Cheap Parts & Accessories, Buy Quality Toys & Hobbies Directly from China Suppliers:Tank Zhang / Heng Long 1/16 rc tank 3908 BRITISH CHALLENGER 2 spare parts Plastic part ABCDE Enjoy ✓Free Shipping Worldwide! ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Easy Return.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudinater View Post
              here are your parts
              Unfortunately, as I have said before, the exhaust cover part is not included with the plastic parts set. It only seems to be included with a full replacement upper hull. Thanks for the link.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi karltrek and everyone else:

I just bought a fairly good 3D printer for my home office. I am a mechanical engineer and have been using SolidWorks for 15 yrs and I have a seat of SW19 Pro at home also. So....when I get it up and going in a couple of days, I'll pull the exhaust cover off of my Challenger and print a couple off. When they are done and look decent I'll let you know and we'll figure out how to get them to you. Give me a couple of days.

Comment

PS: I like the rubber cement idea. I'll see if that works holding down the fuel drums.

Comment

Thank you Olddow!

I have been in contact with Toucan Hobby directly. They are looking into it for me as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X