X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long decals/transfers

I cannot get these things to release from the clear plastic backing even after rubbing them down HARD, and letting them sit for far longer than the recommended 15 minutes, even for over an hour. When trying to remove the clear plastic backing material, the markings will not stay stuck to the surface and try to stay attached to the backing. Does anybody have any fix for this problem ?

What I had to do was use a blade if the very edge of the transfer pulled off or something else to hold the edge of the transfer while slowly peeling off the clear and carefully burnish the transfer down with something smooth. Fingernail works good. So far the transfers are still attached to my Sherman.

Comment

Make sure to give the tank a rub down with iso-alcohol to remove any finger oils and surface gunk too so the decals dont peel up.

Comment

Clean the area with alcohol, wipe dry then apply the decal. Works for me after sacrificing decals on a HL Abrams.

Comment

Speaking of decals, anybody got a good source for 1:16 decals? I’d like to put numbers other than the HL model # and maybe an Afrika Korps palm tree on a project.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            Speaking of decals, anybody got a good source for 1:16 decals? I’d like to put numbers other than the HL model # and maybe an Afrika Korps palm tree on a project.
            Dragon Hobby on Ebay sells Peddinghaus waterslide decals. I use them on everything......everything. They have tank specific numbers and markings with attached info about when and where the tank was used.

Comment

Holy cow! Page after page! Six Stug III sets! Thanks B.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
              X