You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Tamiya German Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang 1/16 Scale Tank Destroyer

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Discussion Thread: Tamiya German Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang 1/16 Scale Tank Destroyer

Tamiya 1/16 Scale German Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang Full Option Tank Destroyer - KIT

Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	263791
    This big scale 1/16 R/C Tank Series kit depicts the Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang tank destroyer. The German AFV, which proved formidable following its introduction late in WWII, was a popular release in the 1/35 Military Miniature series of static models in 2014. The "Lang" (German for "long") in its name was added to distinguish it from its predecessor with a shorter L/48 7.5cm gun; the design featuring a wedge-shaped glacis plate and utilizing the Pz.Kpfw. IV chassis was largely shared by the L/48 and L/70 varieties. 930 Jadgpanzer IV /70(V) Langs were produced between August 1944 and March 1945, and fought bravely in last-gasp actions such as along the Ardennes front from December 1944.

The front-mounted gearbox contains two Type 380 motors that can operate together or individually to produce forward/reverse running and pivot turning. Metal torsion bars and suspension arms combine with the wide tracks to smoothly absorb bumps and dips in the terrain and provide high maneuverability. In addition, realistic engine sounds accompany the tank as it starts up, drives, and stops to idle. Hull-mounted main gun can be elevated, depressed, and swung to the left and right.

Visit the Official Product Page HERE
    Realistic Firing Action

Main gun firing action is one of the most impressive features of this model. When firing, muzzle flashes, speaker roars and recoil gearbox retracts gun barrel, then slowly returns it to standard position.
    340 Degree Turret Rotation

The turret can be rotated approximately 340 degrees. The gun barrel can be controlled within a 20 degree range. The moving speed can be controlled by transmitter stick.
    Independent Suspension

Independent suspension is damped by torsion bar springs, just like the full size. Combined with pre-assembled track, they provide smooth, exciting and realistic maneuverability, even on rough terrain.
    Exceptional Realism

Full of realistic detail and scale realism from top to bottom.
    Lights and Sound

Loaded with lights and realistic sound enhance the scale appeal.
    High Torque System

Equipped with a factory-assembled independent twin gearbox and powered by two RS-380 motors and has a 36.98:1 gear ratio. The high torque system enables the heavy 4,100g tank to maneuver superbly.
    FEATURES:
    • Front-mounted gearbox contains two Type 380 motors that can operate together or individually to produce forward/reverse running and pivot turning
    • Metal torsion bars and suspension arms combine with the wide tracks to smoothly absorb bumps and dips in the terrain and provide high maneuverability
    • Realistic engine sounds accompany the tank as it starts up, drives, and stops to idle
    • Various workable lights such as headlights, tail lamps, brake lights, black-out lights, and rotating light
    • Hull-mounted main gun can be elevated, depressed, and swung to the left and right

Aaaaah not being a cheeky sod but before you can have turret rotation don't you need a turret first. Just my 2 cents

Comment

A surprise acquisition over the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8993.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	334925

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
        A surprise acquisition over the weekend.

Name:	IMG_8993.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	334925
        Did you buy that from Jeff?

Comment

His friend

Comment

While waiting for and observing the work by R99 on the Centurion, the time was spent on getting this destroyer finished....

Name:	IMG_9023.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	335199Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9024.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	335200

Comment

With the tracks on

Name:	IMG_9025.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	335202

Comment

Try out the skirts...

Name:	IMG_E9031.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	335226

Comment

I also have some comparisons I would like to share in my progress. I have not decided the paint scheme for this Jagd yet. So I just show how low the silhouette of this tank destroyer versus the regular Panzer IV. It might also was cheaper to build it too for the German. The Panzer IV is a HL.

Name:	IMG_E9038.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	335283

Comment

With the Allies tanks...

Name:	IMG_E9040.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	335285

Name:	IMG_E9043.JPG
Views:	478
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	335286

Comment

With my DAK RC resin kit conversion on a HL IV. Since I already have the L/70. On this Tamiya one, I am putting on the L48 with the muzzle break later (if I can find one).

Name:	IMG_E9039.JPG
Views:	763
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	335297Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9044.JPG
Views:	597
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	335298

Comment

Lastly... the height comparison with the Stug IV..

Comment

Name:	IMG_E9042.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	335724

Comment

Camo paint job

Name:	IMG_9121.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	335726

Comment

Thanks for posting. what is the blue stuff?
                              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Loctite Putty from Walmart :-) After leaving to dry overnight, I took the putty off. I touched up a few spots...

Name:	IMG_9125.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	335733

Comment

I just followed Tamiya camouflage instruction...less headaches :-)

Comment

David that is a slick trick!!!! Man thanks for sharing I will use that. I use Hobby mask and its hard to get and a pain to put on.

Comment

I am glad to do so :-)

Comment

I finally found the muzzle break for the barrel.

Name:	IMG_E9129.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	335767

Comment

Working...
                                        X