You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you take apart the henglong tank?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take apart the henglong tank?

Hi guys I just got the german panther and don't know how to get inside it or how to put on the metal tracks 😅.

PilotDan Hi Dan, there are screw holes accessible by turning the tank over. Remove the screws along the perimeter of the lower hull only. There are usually six (all front corner pair, center pair, and rear corner pair).

You don't necessarily need to disassemble the Panther to swap out to metal tracks. Remove a track link by tapping out its connection track pin with one of the included spare metal track pins. Note, the track pins are "handed", meaning that one end of the pin is knurled and the other is smooth. The knurled end is what holds the pin in between the track links, so you'll want to tap it out with the knurled end existing first. A couple firm taps and the pin usually slides right out.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks that helps alot.

Comment

Dan, alternatively, you can remove either the drive or idler wheels. There may be a "hubcap" hiding the hex bolt or screw. If so, just pop it off. Alpha's method is good to know too, because you may need to remove or add a link as the track is used.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X