You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tamiya US M26 Pershing Full Option 1/16 Scale Medium Tank Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Tamiya US M26 Pershing Full Option 1/16 Scale Medium Tank Discussion Thread

Tamiya 1/16 Scale US M26 Pershing Medium Tank

This is the 1/16 electric radio-control assembly kit of the U.S. Medium Tank M26 Pershing that made its appearance during the end of WWII.

Overall length: 536mm, overall width: 218mm, overall height: 197mm. Despite its large scale, the model has been thoroughly and accurately reproduced.

Not only can the model move forward and backward and turn with a great sense of power, but the turret can be rotated and the gun raised and lowered. Recoil of the gun and movement of the hull during shooting are also perfectly reproduced and synchronized.

The sound of the engine has been recorded from a real Ford GAF Liquid cooled V8 engine, the metallic clanking sound of the tracks and the sound of the shooting of the main gun adapt to the model"s movement. Moreover, this kit features headlights and brake lamps that light-up and main gun and front machine gun that flash.

The sound of the engine was digitally recorded from a real Ford GAF liquid cooled V8 engine of the M26 Pershing at the Ropkey Armor Museum. All the variation of sound of the real engine but also all the metallic clanking of the track has been thoroughly recorded.

Note: The instructions for "Preparing for Operation" on page 2 of the Operations Manual has been replaced with these instructions. Please refer to these instructions for recharging battery.

"Charging battery is required before operation. Charge battery after detaching from the model. Remove screws from right and left driver"s hatches, then lift the front upper hull 1cm to take the battery out. When detaching battery, be careful not to misplace cables to avoid hindering turret rotation or other movement. When charging, follow the instructions supplied with battery and charger."

Visit the Official Product Page Here

Realistic Firing Action

Main gun firing action is one of the most impressive features of this model. When firing, muzzle flashes, speaker roars and recoil gearbox retracts gun barrel, then slowly returns it to standard position.
    340 Degree Turret Rotation

The turret can be rotated approximately 340 degrees. The gun barrel can be controlled within a 20 degree range. The moving speed can be controlled by transmitter stick.
    Independent Suspension

Independent suspension is damped by torsion bar springs, just like the full size M26. Combined with pre-assembled track, they provide smooth, exciting and realistic maneuverability, even on rough terrain.
    Exceptional Realism

The tank commander figure is recreated with realistic detail. This model also recreates distinctive features of the M26 such as cylindrical commander's cupola, smoke dischargers, turret w/pistol port, air cleaner, equipment and texture of armor plates.
    Easy Access

Access to the control unit is simple and easy.
    High Torque System

Equipped with a factory-assembled independent twin gearbox and powered by two RS-380 motors and has a 36.98:1 gear ratio. The high torque system enables the heavy 4,100g tank to maneuver superbly.
    FEATURES:
    • Front-mounted gearbox contains two Type 380 motors that can operate together or individually to produce forward/reverse running and pivot turning
    • Metal torsion bars and suspension arms combine with the wide tracks to smoothly absorb bumps and dips in the terrain and provide high maneuverability
    • Realistic engine sounds accompany the tank as it starts up, drives, and stops to idle
    • Hull-mounted main gun can be elevated, depressed, and swung to the left and right

Very cool to see some further expansion of the Armor lineup! The Tamiya M26 is an impressive piece of kit. Got to see and fly alongside with my Huey a month ago at bomber field. The detail on these is next level stuff.

Comment

Hi, can anyone help me with the mounting of the inner hull on this kit please?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfin1 View Post
        Hi, can anyone help me with the mounting of the inner hull on this kit please?
        I have had this model since 2002 and will help if I can. What specific problem are you having?

Comment

Hi
          Thank you for replying. In the meantime, i have now sorted the problem, having noticed that the gear boxes had been assembled incorrectly by Tamiya. The instructions show the drive shaft exiting the top hole, whereas mine were exiting the bottom hole on the gearbox. I have now changed them and the inner hull fits perfectly. Many thanks

Comment

YO DELTA DART
            That’s one awesome picture of the tank and chopper…..although it did trigger some dark memories….looks so realistic….. great work

Comment

Working...
            X