X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual problem with gearbox.....

Regarding my recently purchased Pro Version Heng Long "Pantiger". I was running it today, and one of the shafts fell out of the right-hand gearbox which allowed a gear to fall out. It should not have happened. I have only used this tank for about two hours. . I can re-insert the shaft, but there is nothing to hold it in place. It looks like it was supposed to be a tight fit in the gear, but it just slides out. I hope I have explained the problem clearly. I contacted the seller about it, and I am awaiting a reply. Has anybody experienced a similar problem with a gearbox and if so were you able to secure the shaft to prevent it from sliding out again ? I do not expect a quick solution from the seller, because they seem to have difficulty with English, even though they mean well and try to be helpful. They will probably resolve the problem eventually. We'll see........
    Last edited by Cascabel; Jul 19, 2020, 08:50 PM. Reason: Punctuation

[QUOTE=Cascabel;n264549][TABLE="align: center, border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]
    100%"]Regarding my recently purchased Pro Version Heng Long "Pantiger". I was running it today, and one of the shafts fell out of the right-hand gearbox which allowed a gear to fall out. It should not have happened. I have only used this tank for about two hours. . I can re-insert the shaft, but there is nothing to hold it in place. It looks like it was supposed to be a tight fit in the gear, but it just slides out. I hope I have explained the problem clearly. I contacted the seller about it, and I am awaiting a reply. Has anybody experienced a similar problem with a gearbox and if so were you able to secure the shaft to prevent it from sliding out again ? I do not expect a quick solution from the seller, because they seem to have difficulty with English, even though they mean well and try to be helpful. They will probably resolve the problem eventually. We'll see........[/TD]
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P7190092.JPG Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	264578

Interestingly enough, I got a fast reply from the seller (Toucan), with contact info for their tech manager in China. He has good command of English, and I communicated with him on Facebook. Response time will of course be slow because of the 12 hour time difference, but they offered a new gearbox to resolve the issue. A tip of the hat and a big thank you to them !! We shall see how long it takes to get the gearbox, but I really appreciate their quick attention to this issue
    Last edited by Cascabel; Jul 20, 2020, 07:59 AM. Reason: Photo posted twice

Comment

[QUOTE=Cascabel;n264576]
      Originally posted by Cascabel View Post
      [TABLE="align: center, border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]
      100%"]Regarding my recently purchased Pro Version Heng Long "Pantiger". I was running it today, and one of the shafts fell out of the right-hand gearbox which allowed a gear to fall out. It should not have happened. I have only used this tank for about two hours. . I can re-insert the shaft, but there is nothing to hold it in place. It looks like it was supposed to be a tight fit in the gear, but it just slides out. I hope I have explained the problem clearly. I contacted the seller about it, and I am awaiting a reply. Has anybody experienced a similar problem with a gearbox and if so were you able to secure the shaft to prevent it from sliding out again ? I do not expect a quick solution from the seller, because they seem to have difficulty with English, even though they mean well and try to be helpful. They will probably resolve the problem eventually. We'll see........[/TD]
      Click image for larger version Name:	P7190092.JPG Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	264578

Interestingly enough, I got a fast reply from the seller (Toucan), with contact info for their tech manager in China. He has good command of English, and I communicated with him on Facebook. Response time will of course be slow because of the 12 hour time difference, but they offered a new gearbox to resolve the issue. A tip of the hat and a big thank you to them !! We shall see how long it takes to get the gearbox, but I really appreciate their quick attention to this issue
      Yes, Even though Toucan is good with their support they work on "China time" so that's something to consider. I had an issue with a tank I purchased from them and after a few emails we did a live "Facetime" with a couple of their techs to troubleshoot and come up with a resolution. I thought that was pretty cool doing a "live" troubleshoot with guys halfway around the world.

Comment

[QUOTE=Beeg;n264598]
        Originally posted by Cascabel View Post

Yes, Even though Toucan is good with their support they work on "China time" so that's something to consider. I had an issue with a tank I purchased from them and after a few emails we did a live "Facetime" with a couple of their techs to troubleshoot and come up with a resolution. I thought that was pretty cool doing a "live" troubleshoot with guys halfway around the world.
        Indeed, after the "language barrier" is dealt with, they are very good to deal with.

Comment

I am very happy with the service from Toucan. They were the only one that could find me replacement exhaust covers for my Heng Long Challenger! And it was inexpensive with free shipping!

Comment

A follow-up to my original post.....

If you look at the pic I posted, you will see a knurled area in the center of the shaft. That knurling was intended to make the gear fit tightly on the shaft. What I wound up doing was to strike it in three locations in the knurled area with a center punch, which caused it to fit tightly in the gear. It can no longer slide out. I re-installed the gear into the gearbox, and all is well once again !! Toucan was kind enough to send me a new gearbox, but it has not yet arrived, so I decided to try making a repair myself. It should hold up well, as there is really no side load on the shaft to make it slide out again, but just in case, the new gearbox is on the way.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, DAMMIT !!!! Today I had the very same problem with the left hand gearbox on this tank. The shaft slid out and the gear fell out of the gearbox !! Now that I know how to fix it, I will use the same repair procedure on this one as it seems like a good permanent fix for this problem. For an explanation,see my previous postings on this subject with picture. Other folks may benefit from this repair procedure if they have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
              X