X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Bulldog no cannon noise or recoil except when it shots a BB

question, I seems my IR bulb is no longer working. when I shot a BB I get the cannon noise and recoil. without a BB I do not get a cannon noise or a recoil and no IR flash. Does this mean my IR bulb has gone bad or do I have a board problem?

Originally posted by Bulldogtanker View Post
    question, I seems my IR bulb is no longer working. when I shot a BB I get the cannon noise and recoil. without a BB I do not get a cannon noise or a recoil and no IR flash. Does this mean my IR bulb has gone bad or do I have a board problem?
    No cannon noise is indicative you are not getting a compete firing sequence regardless if you have BB's loaded. Try firing it again with BB's and see if it's working.
    Are you using your cell phone camera to determine if the IR bulb isn't working?

Comment

it shots the bb recoils and makes cannon noise. if no bb is loaded it does not make cannon noise and does not recoil..

Comment

I am using cell phone to see if IR is flashing. could see it when it was working a few days ago, but not now.

Comment

It this a 6.0 tank?

Comment

yes. 6.0 tank about one month old.

Comment

Hmm. This is an odd issue, because the BB being in the chamber or not should not have any influence on whether or not the firing sequence actuates. There isn't a sensor or switch in that area, telling the recoil system to only fire if a BB is there, so there shouldn't be any correlation.

Have you checked for loose connections at the board? Or perhaps where the yellow wire is soldered to the breech?

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                Hmm. This is an odd issue, because the BB being in the chamber or not should not have any influence on whether or not the firing sequence actuates. There isn't a sensor or switch in that area, telling the recoil system to only fire if a BB is there, so there shouldn't be any correlation.

Have you checked for loose connections at the board? Or perhaps where the yellow wire is soldered to the breech?
                I second this ^^^^^^^

There is no reason for it not to function if no BBs are loaded.

Comment

new update. it's now working fine, but I did nothing to it. originally I had checked all the connections and nothing helped. Could it be an over heating problem. I was on my third battery with about two hours of running in record 102 degree heat. to much for it??? has anyone installed cooling fans in thier tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldogtanker View Post
                    new update. it's now working fine, but I did nothing to it. originally I had checked all the connections and nothing helped. Could it be an over heating problem. I was on my third battery with about two hours of running in record 102 degree heat. to much for it??? has anyone installed cooling fans in thier tanks?
                    Yes cooling fans are easy to install.

Comment

Working...
                    X