You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about installing drive shaft bearings for the HL Tiger 1.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about installing drive shaft bearings for the HL Tiger 1.

I recently received some drive shaft bearings for my Heng Long Tiger 1 with metal tracks, drives, idlers, and road wheels. The company the bearings came from is called Kenzezol in China? Ordered them in April and they showed up yesterday. They offer drive shaft bearings for several of the Heng Long tanks. The bearings come press fit into a sort of cup shaped plastic flange that looks just like the inner part of what comes on the tank. There are two plastic trim pieces surrounding the drive shafts on each side glued to the tank lower hull. A larger piece has some detail molded in and the smaller cup piece that seems to be glued into that larger piece. Do I need to remove this whole assembly ( I assume it's glued on ) or do I just remove the smaller cup piece and replace it. I assume it's also glued in. Also it doesn't look like the driveshafts are centered all that well. Do I shim the motor gearbox assembly to align them with the plastic flanges or shift the trim pieces to match the shafts?

Here is how it should look installed in a Heng Long Tiger I

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59520.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	266738

Comment

Karl, The picture helps a lot. My bearings with the plastic flange look just like your example. Is it hard to get the existing piece out before installing the new one with the bearing? Thanks for the info!
      Roy

Comment

Make sure you pack your bearings in grease and do the same to the drive axle or you could end up with this problem Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_132814.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	266799

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
          Make sure you pack your bearings in grease and do the same to the drive axle or you could end up with this problem Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_132814.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	266799
          Yours is not the norm but still it doesn’t hurt to grease the bearings and drive shaft before sliding the sprockets on.

Comment

That's me, breaking things for years lol. But yeah I did get a hell of a shock when this happened.

Comment

Personally I would go with the style that uses a machined aluminum mount for the bearing, they are very sturdy. These are Tiger I units that I installed on a King Tiger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (7).jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	268249

Comment

Working...
              X