Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery Charging

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charging

I have just purchased an Admiral 3500 Li-ion battery for my T72. I couldn't find anything about charges on the EU site. Can I assume that the standard Henglong charger is suitable? Or does it need a different charger? None are listed for Li-ion on the EU site.

I've wondered the same ... hopefully someone can chime if they tried it. My stock henglong charger is the USB one without the balance plug (I think they sell an upgraded one that has it). When my stock 1800 mAH packs get low it gets extraordinarily warm (almost too hot to touch) during the initial charging. Maybe that's expected but I was thinking about buying something better like the following that could charge both the stock packs without the balance plug and the admiral 3500 batteries:

Comment

The usb charger that comes with HL tanks is marginal at best and has no real balance capability. Purchasing any decent balance capable charger that can be used for lithium batteries is highly recommended.

if you don’t need a high power multi battery charger for large Lipos this one from MotionRC would work very well for Lithion Ion or LiFe batteries for a reasonable price.
      At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Thank you for the replys. In the UK my model came with a proper mains charger. Not the USB charger Seen in some countries.

Comment

When I bought my Admiral 3500, ​​​​I was told by Motion RC the standard HL supplied charger works. I haven't used or charged the batteries yet but it should be fine. Charging may take a long time though.
          ​​​​

Comment

Thanks for the info ... yeah the stock USB charger leaves much to be desired. I've heard you don't need to balance Lithium Ion's every charge. Does anyone know the long term effects of charging Lithium Ion's without the balancing? Does it end up impacting the battery life in some way?

Comment

Yes, the Admiral batteries can be charged with the Heng Long Charger, it just takes forever. I recommend getting a good hobby quality charger, preferably AC/DC so you can take it with you on a tank outing. For my Tanks I use a Hitec RDX1 Pro, it will charge any kind of battery, has adjustable charge rate and is capable of balancing Li-Ion and Lipo, etc. https://hitecrcd.com/products/charge...1-pro-/product

Comment

I called Motion RC Europe, and received a call this afternoon, confirming that that the standard HL will charge the battery. It may take longer as the battery is bigger.
                Excelent customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
                  I called Motion RC Europe, and received a call this afternoon, confirming that that the standard HL will charge the battery. It may take longer as the battery is bigger.
                  Excelent customer service.
                  yes, just takes a very long time for a 3500mah battery vs. the stock 1800mah

Comment

I will make do and mend until next months toy money is in the bank. 😆 There is no rush. I probably only drive it once a week, if that.

Comment

Working...
                    X