X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest for best Ir Emitter

Looking into the available IR emitters, it's not clear to me which one is the preferred / best high power emitter for IR battling. A variety of suggestions are floating around, so the aim of this thread is to get to the bottom of it, once and for all, to determine the best emitter for the hobby.

Here are the main contenders that I'm aware of floating around, which I would be interested in testing. If any of you have discovered any favorites please let me know (or even send a couple to me) so we can expand our database!
    Part Name Manuf. Max Current (A) Intensity (mW/sr) Spread (deg) Peak (nm)
    SFH 4545 Osram 0.7 -3600 (1750-5600) 10 950
    SFH 4545-DWEW Osram 0.7 -4600 (3600-5600) 10 950
    TSAL6100 Vishay 1.5 ~2000 20 940
    TSAL6400 Vishay 1.5 ~600 50 940
    VSLY9540 Vishay 1 ~5100 (2550-7650) 6 940
    SFH 4545 was recommended by Rubicon99, https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...919-ND/2205955
    TSAL6100 was recommended by folks at Open Panzer: http://openpanzer.org/wiki/doku.php?...:tcbinstall:ir
    TSAL6400 I personally like for close range wide spread (for artillery shell or area air support damage, or explosive mines)
    VSLY9540 I found just now filtering through Mouser / Digikey. Promising?

These preliminary numbers are populated from their respective datasheets, and accounting for general ambient conditions in which the tanks are used, with temperatures of up to 30 C taken into account.

For tank main cannons, it looks like the main choices are either the SFH 4545 or the VSLY9540. They can be had for $1, $1.5 each, respectively. Will finish updating later.

This is good information to have on hand. Don’t forget to add in the stock Tamiya bulbs and stock HengLong bulbs.

The new 6.0 HengLong bulbs have been turning in some solid long range hit numbers (when used with quality IR receivers). So much so I am just leaving them installed in the HL tanks until the stock ones burn out which so far only one has. It will be interesting to see how they compare on paper.

Alpha if you could help out with obtaining the factory specs on the HL bulb that would be great.

Comment

Working...
    X