X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel smoke and flash options?

So I might want to upgrade my 6.0S with barrel smoke and flash. I'm happy to trade the BB-functionality for this. I did some searching and found various option kits (with and without flash), but can't find out which are suitable for my board. I'm thinking it might actually require the 6.1 board? I don't want to go ordering random parts.
    I saw some posts on this forum of people who have barrel smoke installed.

Can anyone chime in as to what the options are?
    ​​​​​​

I'm in a similar boat. One of my tanks has a "poor" main gun both in firing bb's and the elevation seems to be lacking. I'm currently shopping for parts and brainstorming on how I wish to rectify the problems. Not sure whether or not I want muzzle-flash and or smoke or just want to put the emitter in the muzzle.

Also seriously considering upgrading the multi-function board and controller as I dislike the "toy-like" controller that come with the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pynaegan View Post
      I'm in a similar boat. One of my tanks has a "poor" main gun both in firing bb's and the elevation seems to be lacking. I'm currently shopping for parts and brainstorming on how I wish to rectify the problems. Not sure whether or not I want muzzle-flash and or smoke or just want to put the emitter in the muzzle.

Also seriously considering upgrading the multi-function board and controller as I dislike the "toy-like" controller that come with the kit.
      That's a good point about the the emitter in the barrel. Does the emitter give sufficient light to simulate a blast flash?
      ​​​​

Comment

IR isnt in the visible light spectrum, so you wont see the flash from an IR emitter

Comment

Maybe it would be possible to mount both leds in the barrel to get the best effect.
          But then, is there any practical upside to mounting the IR in the barrel? Or is it just for aesthetics so any ugly mountingholes on the hull can be closed?

Comment

UltraVargen If you're talking about the Heng Long tanks specifically, then the TK6.1S-160 is the best factory option. I cover it in more detail in my thread, including pictures, HERE:

The TK6.0S doesn't have a built-in provision for barrel smoke; only the TK6.1S does. The TK6.1S is not yet a standard option.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

You are not going to be able to put everything (Flash LED, IR emitter, and smoke) in the barrel at the same time. Depending on the model the IR emitter is mounted just to the left of the barrel. There is a small hole there. Or you may have to mount the emitter on the outside of the barrel with a small mount, Jagtigers and jagpanthers do this. Once you install the flash LED it will be a close fit in the barrel and leave little airflow for the smoke to come out of the barrel..

Comment

Alpha I saw your thread. Looks glorious. :) As my tank (the King Tiger) has a 6.0S board, would you suggest replacing it with a 6.1S to get the best option for barrel smoke and flash? Will MRC (EU) carry this board and the loose options sometime in the future? Also how easy/viable is it if I do try the 6.0 route with some barrel smoke kit off of Aliexpress or some other site?

Rudinater I figured as much. Didn't think about the smoke actually needing room to vent. I'm fine with the IR emiter in the location where it is. Now I just wonder what the ideal size LED for the barrel flash for the King Tiger is.
                ​​​
                ​​​

Comment

For my HL Sherman I used a 5mm white LED. It fit the barrel just fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X