X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Addiction - Help!!

I need Help!! I seem to be out of control buying tanks. Is there a disease called "tankademic". Since the world has gone a little (actually a lot) crazy I have bought 12 tanks. I started buy one or two from RCMotion, then RcMotion EU, Ebay and TouconHobby. I am embarrassed of how much time and money I have spent since last December. I bought a Jagpanther Pro, and the a German Panther from RCM and it has gone down hill from there. I have bought airbrush equipment, paints etc. I have a drawer full of R390's and have master rebuilding Airsoft BB shooters. Does anyone have a cure for this uncontrollable addiction? Today a Panther G and a Panzer IV F showed up and I don't even remember ordering them. THE MADNESS. Even worse a I've have started eyeing WWII WARBIRDS and I'm scared that a 1200mm F8F Bearcat will start haunting my dreams. HELP!!

I have some upcoming ways to "help", but your wallet's not gonna like it :)

Give in, friend. You're in a safe place. There is an RC car/truck/tank/boat/airplane/jet/drone/helicopter without a few feet of anyone/everyone reading this right now. You're not alone.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha. That makes me feel so much better........NOT!

Comment

I feel a bit "better" about myself now!

(I've only bought four in the past six months)😆

I've also bought a number of "bits and bobs" in regards to FPV. (cameras and goggles)

Nighttime combat with my brother is the S#!t...!😃

Comment

Pynaegan Night time combat sounds fun! Glow in the dark BBs, pre-charged with a constant on white LED in the magazine, should work. Use the existing constant on LED port in the tank's MFCB. 'Just an idea.

Olddowl53 You're in good hands. Stand your ground!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00357.JPG
Views:	498
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	274985
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
            I need Help!! I seem to be out of control buying tanks. Is there a disease called "tankademic". Since the world has gone a little (actually a lot) crazy I have bought 12 tanks. I started buy one or two from RCMotion, then RcMotion EU, Ebay and TouconHobby. I am embarrassed of how much time and money I have spent since last December. I bought a Jagpanther Pro, and the a German Panther from RCM and it has gone down hill from there. I have bought airbrush equipment, paints etc. I have a drawer full of R390's and have master rebuilding Airsoft BB shooters. Does anyone have a cure for this uncontrollable addiction? Today a Panther G and a Panzer IV F showed up and I don't even remember ordering them. THE MADNESS. Even worse a I've have started eyeing WWII WARBIRDS and I'm scared that a 1200mm F8F Bearcat will start haunting my dreams. HELP!!
            Don’t worry the addiction levels off once you have two or three of everything.

Comment

I have the FPV setup but iI haven't tried a battle in the dark. That does sound interesting. I also like the glow in the dark BB's idea.

Rubicon99. That's what I'm afraid of. I haven't even taken the Panzer IV F out of the box and I've been searching for a Panzer III. I wish Motion would get their stock back up. I'm all ready first name basis with one or two at Toucan.

Thanks Alpha.Now dats "good hands" are more important than ever.

https://youtu.be/tYoUScdT8I8 We shot a little tank battle with my grandson's. Ayden grandson #2 finally posted it. See if this works. I'd like ya'll to see what we've been up to in Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                Pynaegan Night time combat sounds fun! Glow in the dark BBs, pre-charged with a constant on white LED in the magazine, should work. Use the existing constant on LED port in the tank's MFCB. 'Just an idea.
                Glow in the dark BBs!? I didn't even know there WAS such a thing.(not particularly surprised though)😆

When using BBs, I go for the "biodegradable" since a couple of my "proving grounds" are in a city populated by tree hugging environuts.

In my back yard, I dodn't bother with the BBs since we're more interested in the "laser tag" end of combat.

That being said, if there is an ultraviolet LED, that should work just as well if not better than a white LED shouldn't it...?

Nice shady back yard with plenty of space for combat. Especially after I removed the dome from a couple of the Heng Long apples exposing the receiver diodes extending the battle range to about thirty to forty feet. Sorry I didn't think to make some footage.(I'll have to remember to do that next time)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200912_111357.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	275149

Comment

Want some footage please.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I know this not the "footage you were looking for, but here is some video we took with my grandsons have a IR tank battle. Also mt neighbor says he thinks Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops sell florescent 6mm BB's.

Epic Tank Battle In Utah https://youtu.be/tYoUScdT8I8

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      I have some upcoming ways to "help", but your wallet's not gonna like it :)
                      Could this be a tease about NEW products?
                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hahahaha, same hat here. I went from two old mostly disassembled vehicles in storage to eight vehicles in various working condition really fast (and I also ended up with a brand new airbrush and compressor). Gotta fill the time somehow!

I used to have a highly active social life given that I'm a young dude living in my cities cosmopolitan core, but that's all but disappeared. Wanted to get back into my old hobbies (only so many episodes of TV shows to catch up on), and RC tanks are one of the few RC vehicles that still play nice with a city environment (I've got ample alleyways and the parking lot of the Polish Cultural Center to fool around in, though I'm now realizing that almost typing "invading the parking lot of the polish cultural center" was a poor choice....)

I've been working on static models for a month and change now, taking a bit of break from scale RC tanking, since I wanted to get familiar with airbrushing and weathering on things a touch less expensive and difficult than my 1/16 beasts - but I'm still spending portions of this downtime refurbishing a lot of them. Effectively, I'm pointing at my tanks and saying "you get servo elevation and recoil! and you! and you! and YOU!". Not to mention how much work I've done replacing the electronics, replacing plastic running gear with metal gear on bearings, upgrading single-link tracks to double, adding better speakers, weathering the "I'm obviously a plastic toy" paint jobs into something resembling a muddy metal war machine thats seen some hell, etc. I've gotten most of the way into completely transforming my cheap all-plastic 6.0 Abrams into a repainted mostly-metal beast with a 3D-printed TUSK uparmor kit. All fun stuff!

So, never fear! You've at least found a lot of potential ways to fill the time through this whole debacle of a world. And when we get through it, you'll have a selection of machines potentially ready to battle and share with more people to boot!

I will say though that my break in static modeling has only made me want more variety in RC models.... not quite sure how to solve that yet. Maybe by buying Tamiya's Type 10 and M551.....

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Could this be a tease about NEW products?
                        nearly right as I posted about wanting more variety, too. Alpha, my friend, you're gonna ruin me...

Comment

Hello, you can give me one of your Tank! I'm still waiting for MRC to get some.

Comment

Working...
                          X