X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Tiger Weathering

I did not like the strong looking camo scheme on the tank so decided to tone it down a bit to give it an overall more solid look.

Again several thin coats of color washes, panel line details, weathering powders, basically working it down slowly to get the desired effects.

Comment

Very happy with it at this point and maybe should have stopped but got daring and started adding some mud effects.

Comment

In these photos I used Vallejo crushed grass, thick mud and splash mud. Should have experimented on something else first because I was not very happy with the effect. Mostly because of my inexperience in applying it and applying it in the right locations for a tank.

Comment

These Vallejo mud effects are PERMANANT ! Dang sticks like epoxy once it is dry. Since I was not happy with the look all I could do is color wash it down until it was a bit more subdued.

Comment

I tend to do what ever painting I think the tank requires and then find mud, dust and nature do the rest. Tends to look more natural than paint

Comment

A few pics of the Abrams after several months of running in the dust, mud and water of my favorite tank test ground. You just have to do a bit of cleaning on the running gear Click image for larger version

Name:	20201010_125153.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	279801Click image for larger version

Name:	20201010_125132.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	279802Click image for larger version

Name:	20201010_125117.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	279803Click image for larger version

Name:	20201010_125102.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	279804

Comment

tooeleflyboy - you have done an outstanding weathering job on the King Tiger. I like your idea for painting the tracks with the texture paint, i will try it on mine.
                thank you for posting the pics.

Comment

What color washes did you use to tone it down?

Comment

I used this thinner and some artist oil color in Raw Umber.

Comment

Working...
                    X