Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please suggest my next (4th) tank

Hello all,

In the past month I bought 3 HL tanks with metal gears and tracks. I like the idea of outdoor IR battles. I would like to add one more to my collection so 4 of us can do battles together. What would you recommend? Of course has to be 1/16 scale. I am leaning toward HL German Tiger with metal tracks. Please advise. Thanks Dai

Since the three tanks you already have are modern why not get an Abrams to round out the group?
    I have the modified one sold on Amazon and really like it.
    Steve

Comment

This is the one I have. It comes in Desert camo as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Modified-Camo...%2C340&sr=8-16

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
        Hello all,

In the past month I bought 3 HL tanks with metal gears and tracks. I like the idea of outdoor IR battles. I would like to add one more to my collection so 4 of us can do battles together. What would you recommend? Of course has to be 1/16 scale. I am leaning toward HL German Tiger with metal tracks. Please advise. Thanks Dai
        Get yourself an M41 Walker Bulldog. Lots of modifications can be done to it. Its history spans the “Cold War” years and it is still in service with a few countries.

As an r/c tank it is a well rounded in off road performance, easy to work on and a solid fighting tank. It is one of my favorite tanks to bash hard and do crazy tank stuff with. Want to see, Instagram @ fsttanks

Here are a few of mine that have been “modernized”

Click image for larger version  Name:	5BC4633A-36BB-4160-98CB-44A19E795BAE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	259.9 KB ID:	281976Click image for larger version  Name:	05BF9889-B35B-43A7-8A91-C603FCBADD52.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	281975Click image for larger version  Name:	ACABC95B-58A8-4BF5-88D8-6CBB63578927.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	281974
        Click image for larger version  Name:	8F733952-3DE8-4FA8-ACFF-73D88F9087BD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	318.3 KB ID:	281977Click image for larger version  Name:	92D6C10B-A59B-4A6E-A1E5-B4B015D87127.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	192.7 KB ID:	281978

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          This is the one I have. It comes in Desert camo as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Modified-Camo...%2C340&sr=8-16

Steve
          That is what I have been looking at too. The thing is that it looks so much like the other three that I consider something different. Dai

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Get yourself an M41 Walker Bulldog. Lots of modifications can be done to it. Its history spans the “Cold War” years and it is still in service with a few countries.

As an r/c tank it is a well rounded in off road performance, easy to work on and a solid fighting tank. It is one of my favorite tanks to bash hard and do crazy tank stuff with. Want to see, Instagram @ fsttanks

Click image for larger version Name:	5BC4633A-36BB-4160-98CB-44A19E795BAE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	259.9 KB ID:	281976Click image for larger version Name:	05BF9889-B35B-43A7-8A91-C603FCBADD52.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	281975Click image for larger version Name:	ACABC95B-58A8-4BF5-88D8-6CBB63578927.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	281974
            Click image for larger version Name:	8F733952-3DE8-4FA8-ACFF-73D88F9087BD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	318.3 KB ID:	281977Click image for larger version Name:	92D6C10B-A59B-4A6E-A1E5-B4B015D87127.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	192.7 KB ID:	281978
            You are talking about HL Bulldog with metal gears/tracks right? Dai

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	5BC4633A-36BB-4160-98CB-44A19E795BAE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	259.9 KB ID:	281976Click image for larger version Name:	05BF9889-B35B-43A7-8A91-C603FCBADD52.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	281975Click image for larger version Name:	ACABC95B-58A8-4BF5-88D8-6CBB63578927.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	281974
              Click image for larger version Name:	8F733952-3DE8-4FA8-ACFF-73D88F9087BD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	318.3 KB ID:	281977Click image for larger version Name:	92D6C10B-A59B-4A6E-A1E5-B4B015D87127.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	192.7 KB ID:	281978
              This is what you suggest? Dai

Comment

Ill second the M41 this is mine I modified into a Danish M41 DK1 earlier this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	Henglong DK1.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	282063

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                  Ill second the M41 this is mine I modified into a Danish M41 DK1 earlier this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	Henglong DK1.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	282063
                  The HL Walker Bulldog right? Dai

Comment

I read the reviews and it was one of HL's early releases which is not good in scale. How about this one? Dai

Comment

Yes the M41 is a henglong. You seem to like modern tanks Ive noticed, king tiger is in the same vein, its huge as well, and even has a barrel recoil feature... guess my best advice is, go with what looks good to you. Im not a rivet counter so when people tell me the Walker isnt scale I just shrug it off, its not immediately obvious to me so....guess you could call me a "fithy casual" im just here to play tracked laser tag lol.

Comment

Not that one. You want an M41 with all metal road wheels and metal sprockets. The plastic wheel have too loose of fit. The metal road wheels have bearings, fit much tighter and thus greatly aid in track retention.

Comment

Not that one. You want an M41 with all metal road wheels and metal sprockets. The plastic wheel have too loose of fit. The metal road wheels have bearings, fit much tighter and thus greatly aid in track retention.
                          I am a scale guy and this tank is rather " stand off scale". That is what we say in the A/C world when the plane looks like a P-51 from a distance. How about HL King Tiger with metal gears, tracks ? Dai

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                            Yes the M41 is a henglong. You seem to like modern tanks Ive noticed, king tiger is in the same vein, its huge as well, and even has a barrel recoil feature... guess my best advice is, go with what looks good to you. Im not a rivet counter so when people tell me the Walker isnt scale I just shrug it off, its not immediately obvious to me so....guess you could call me a "fithy casual" im just here to play tracked laser tag lol.
                            In the plastic modelling world it is called " rivet counter", I called it " OCD on grandiose scale". I like the King Tiger because it is big like the other 3 and very scale. Dai

Comment

I am a scale guy and this tank is rather " stand off scale". That is what we say in the A/C world when the plane looks like a P-51 from a distance. How about HL King Tiger with metal gears, tracks ? Dai
                              A model guy myself of more then 40 years I understand what you are saying. But unless you are intimately aquatinted with the M41 it will be hard to tell what is and is not correct.

None of the HL tanks are correct especially the WWII German tanks. The modern tank designs are closer in accuracy then the WWII tanks so don’t let yourself be mislead by the quality of the modern HL tanks.

Be ready with the HL Tigers or Panthers to have track issues as these are very common, just as they were with the real tanks.

Whatever you buy I am sure you will have fun with learning the different ins and outs of that tank.

Comment

A model guy myself of more then 40 years I understand what you are saying. But unless you are intimately aquatinted with the M41 it will be hard to tell what is and is not correct.

None of the HL tanks are correct especially the WWII German tanks. The modern tank designs are closer in accuracy then the WWII tanks so don’t let yourself be mislead by the quality of the modern HL tanks.

Be ready with the HL Tigers or Panthers to have track issues as these are very common, just as they were with the real tanks.

Whatever you buy I am sure you will have fun with learning the different ins and outs of that tank.
                                The more I am into it, I am learning a bit every day. Next will be opening the Challenger and see why the turret gear keeps clicking without making a full 360 like it did the day before. Had this tank in just 3 days. But after I rotated a few clicks and now it turns 360. I have 3 tanks but have nobody to play with :( . Dai

PS: too bad I wanted to try Taigen but not HL compatible.

Comment

A second tank isn't in the budget thanks to a new septic system, so I'm limited to vicariously watching lots videos, and reading. My first choice would be a M60 because of my personal connection to it....if it was an option...., but given its historical significance, modeling possibilities, functionality, and value, I would opt for a Heng Long T-34.

Comment

The more I am into it, I am learning a bit every day. Next will be opening the Challenger and see why the turret gear keeps clicking without making a full 360 like it did the day before. Had this tank in just 3 days. But after I rotated a few clicks and now it turns 360. I have 3 tanks but have nobody to play with :( . Dai

PS: too bad I wanted to try Taigen but not HL compatible.
                                    Oh that’s is an easy one. You have a wire getting stuck in between the turret gear ring and turret motor gear. Happens all the time.

Comment

Hi all ...

This one a good choice? Dai

Comment

Hi all ...

Looking for a 4th tank to augment my current fleet ... Dai
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X