You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recoil stopped working after 2 minutes on King Tiger.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recoil stopped working after 2 minutes on King Tiger.

Hi all,

I love the King Tiger but after 2 minutes the recoil stopped working. Recharging the battery to ensure full charge does not work. Please advise. Dai

Dia phan,

The Airsoft system with or without recoil is the weak link to these nice tanks. Mine stopped and when I called MRC the tech agreed I needed a new one. That was back in June. They still do have the parts available for replacement. I finally gave up and started looking for available sources. Until recently the only one I found was in Germany. (Just not cost effective to order it.) I finally found a NIP on Ebay for $5.00 more than MRCs. I went that route because I want my tank running and shooting.

As a side note, some people have been able to take the AirSoft system apart and located the problem. But, not all problems are the same. Good luck.

Comment

I have a Leopard II.

I am not sure if your problem is same as mine. Here is my problem, the tank airsoft seems stuck and I can hear the sound but cannot shot out airsoft call. There is a little cover above the fun. Open the cover, I can see the small airsoft ball is stuck in small notch. Using a small stick to push the ball down, everything becomes normal.

Because it had happened frequently, I finally glue a very small piece of hard plastic to seal the small notch. After that, the airsoft works normally.

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
      Hi all,

I love the King Tiger but after 2 minutes the recoil stopped working. Recharging the battery to ensure full charge does not work. Please advise. Dai

Comment

I do not use BB at all. In fact have not tried in all 4 tanks. When I pushed buttons A/B, there was nothing. So I opened the case and I did not see any lose wires. Closed back up and now it is working. But now the smoke unit stopped working! With Chinese electronics, it works long enough to look good then quits. Dai

Comment

I do not use BB at all. In fact have not tried in all 4 tanks. When I pushed buttons A/B, there was nothing. So I opened the case and I did not see any lose wires. Closed back up and now it is working. But now the smoke unit stopped working! With Chinese electronics, it works long enough to look good then quits. Dai
          The smoke units are all iffy at best and very tempermental. Personally I feel they just arnt scale, toy-like and yank them out of all my tanks, potentially to make more room for bigger batteries in some tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post

Personally I feel they just arnt scale, toy-like and yank them out of all my tanks, potentially to make more room for bigger batteries in some tanks.
            I agree, way too little smoke to represent the smoke generator, and too much and wrong color for a running engine. A smoke unit that only comes on when the tank is killed, and discharges out the commanders hatch would be interesting.....

Comment

Disagree. My 7 tanks all work fine.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post

The smoke units are all iffy at best and very tempermental. Personally I feel they just arnt scale, toy-like and yank them out of all my tanks, potentially to make more room for bigger batteries in some tanks.
                I do like the smoke and is there a QUALITY after market smoke maker that drop fit in these HL tanks? Dai

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Did you have to open the unit and do any mods ? Dai

Comment

After every tank outing I go over it thoroughly when I get home. This includes using compressed air to blow off all the dust. Then I open the tank up then open the smoke unit. I refill it and check the cotton and heating coil. I adjust it as needed. Then check the tightness of all the screws around the tank. Suspension and sprocket are the most important to check. I drive my tanks pretty hard so it's always good to go over them so that they are ready for the next outing. These thanks will always need maintenance. That is just part of the fun.

The BB firing unit is pretty pretty simple but can an do fail. I actually enjoy IR battling over firing BBs. I have had them fail and cause the IR unit to not work. With my group of tanking friends we IR battle a lot. This means the BB firing unit gets cycled a lot. Which wears the unit out even though it's not pushing out BBs. I may disable the unit by jumping the trigger lead. That will bypass the the BB firing unit altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
                      After every tank outing I go over it thoroughly when I get home. This includes using compressed air to blow off all the dust. Then I open the tank up then open the smoke unit. I refill it and check the cotton and heating coil. I adjust it as needed. Then check the tightness of all the screws around the tank. Suspension and sprocket are the most important to check. I drive my tanks pretty hard so it's always good to go over them so that they are ready for the next outing. These thanks will always need maintenance. That is just part of the fun.

The BB firing unit is pretty pretty simple but can an do fail. I actually enjoy IR battling over firing BBs. I have had them fail and cause the IR unit to not work. With my group of tanking friends we IR battle a lot. This means the BB firing unit gets cycled a lot. Which wears the unit out even though it's not pushing out BBs. I may disable the unit by jumping the trigger lead. That will bypass the the BB firing unit altogether.
                      Just unplug the BB launch motor and jump the two yellow wires. This will deactivate the BB firing function but retain track recoil. Neither will effect the IR system.

If you want the BB function back just plug it back in. Though the track recoil and BB fire will be slightly out of timing.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

DANG...your up to 7 TANKS now!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Just unplug the BB launch motor and jump the two yellow wires. This will deactivate the BB firing function but retain track recoil. Neither will effect the IR system.

If you want the BB function back just plug it back in. Though the track recoil and BB fire will be slightly out of timing.
                          I just tried this on my StuG III. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                            DANG...your up to 7 TANKS now!!!!
                            Yeah, lockdown and liking tanks is a heady mixture. As I tell my friends, for decades of building and painting model tanks, and now being able to drive one around (and IR/airsoft shoot others) is a kids dream come true!
                            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                            X