Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty impressive those HL tanks

Hi all,

In the past month I spent my evenings watching YT videos on the HL tanks anything from OOB to super detailing, weathering... I must say I am pretty impressed of the scale fidelity and realism of these tanks. They look so good that can be static models although my expertise is in aircrafts. Considering the older 5.3 versions and plastic tracks, it is still a bargain of around 150 USD ready to run out of the box. I say HL tanks are pretty good for the asking price. Dai

I agree with you. But do not get a 5.3 version. The driving experience is dramatically better with the 6.0 system.

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
      Hi all,

In the past month I spent my evenings watching YT videos on the HL tanks anything from OOB to super detailing, weathering... I must say I am pretty impressed of the scale fidelity and realism of these tanks. They look so good that can be static models although my expertise is in aircrafts. Considering the older 5.3 versions and plastic tracks, it is still a bargain of around 150 USD ready to run out of the box. I say HL tanks are pretty good for the asking price. Dai
      5.3 tanks do NOT have adjustable tracks tensioning idler wheels. Being able to adjust the idler wheel make a huge difference in overall reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

5.3 tanks do NOT have adjustable tracks tensioning idler wheels. Being able to adjust the idler wheel make a huge difference in overall reliability.
        So when HL upgraded the software, they also upgraded the hardware? Dai

Comment

So when HL upgraded the software, they also upgraded the hardware? Dai
          Not all 6.0 tanks have adjustable Idlers.

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post

Not all 6.0 tanks have adjustable Idlers.
            True. The M41 and two other do not have one, but they were not ones with problems. 85% of the new 6.0 tanks now have adjustable idlers. Huge improvement to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

True. The M41 and two other do not have one, but they were not ones with problems. 85% of the new 6.0 tanks now have adjustable idlers. Huge improvement to have them.
              Totally agree! I prefer the adjustable Idlers.

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post

Totally agree! I prefer the adjustable Idlers.
                How about the Panzer G 6.0 version? Dai

Comment

How about the Panzer G 6.0 version? Dai
                  I don't believe that one has an adjustable Idler.

Comment

My 5th and 6th tanks ... Dai
                    Attached Files

Comment

I understand HL is working on this tank: all metal, Briggs & Stratton engine, ride inside, twin 12ga shotgun barrels. Shipping might be prohibitive.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big One.png
Views:	294
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	287496
                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                      X