X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beginners attempt at detailing a Abrams A1M2

​​ ​​​ Under the influence of a Scotish Malt, I order a new tank. It was supposed to be a Challenger, but in the sober light of day, and a telling off by my wife, I realised I had ordered a Abrams A1M2. In my defence they both looked the same.
    on arrival I built as the box and, and ran it once. I then noticed some parts and details that annoyed me, so I decided to have a go at some extra details.
    The above is as built.
    This gap annoyed me

Filled in the gaps around the edges of the panels.

fitted a working closing plate on the gun mantel, and lowered the gun in its cradle. Drilled the hinge with a 0.2mm and 0.3mm drill.

Started to make wire handles and foot loops.

As it is now. Internally, the turret has been made 360 degrees, by converting the turret ring, and slip ring, the gun has been fitted with a flash and smoke unit.

Pictures aren't showing up for me.

Comment

Nor me

Comment

I can see them only when I logged in. Looks like I have cocked up some how. I'll start again tomorrow.

Comment

I am in the same boat as Meter Rat. Started with a black primer then did some pre-shade with white then painted it with MM modern desert (FS33722) only to find that Model Master is discontinued. I need one more can, but I can't find any at the local hobby store and do not want to pay $13.00 bucks on ebay. Bought some Tamiya desert yellow and trying to mix it with white to match it as close as possible with no luck. Is there anyone out there that ran into a similar problem? See Pic #2 (APU) failed attempt to match color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73345.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	319122Click image for larger version

Name:	M1A2 APU.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	319123

Comment

Working...
          X