X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout marker lights

Probably a trivial thing to most, but the sight of marker lights while doing tactical night maneuvers are a definitive memory for me. Micro LEDs make it relatively easy. I already have the rear red marker lights hooked up, and now I'm doing the front. Being a soviet Tank, there's some differences. The lights that face forward are green, and the lights that face 45 deg to the rear are red.
    I also painted the right headlight so its a faint red glow in low lighting, and the left headlight so it functions like a shielded blackout headlight should. No visible light up or forward, just down.

Tiny micro Z LED. https://evandesigns.com/products/chi...32155343323184
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3348.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	284833

Wired lights, with Modelmaster clear lens fluid drying.

Name:	IMG_3407.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	284835

Tail lights.

Name:	IMG_3354.JPG
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	284834

Originally posted by windmill View Post
    Probably a trivial thing to most, but the sight of marker lights while doing tactical night maneuvers are a definitive memory for me. Micro LEDs make it relatively easy. I already have the rear red marker lights hooked up, and now I'm doing the front. Being a soviet Tank, there's some differences. The lights that face forward are green, and the lights that face 45 deg to the rear are red.
    I also painted the right headlight so its a faint red glow in low lighting, and the left headlight so it functions like a shielded blackout headlight should. No visible light up or forward, just down.

Tiny micro Z LED. https://evandesigns.com/products/chi...32155343323184

Name:	IMG_3348.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	284833

Wired lights, with Modelmaster clear lens fluid drying.

Name:	IMG_3407.JPG
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	284835

Tail lights.

Name:	IMG_3354.JPG
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	284834
    Looking good!! Doing what you feel is needed is all part of the fun. It’s the little things that set tanks apart and makes them special so keep it up👍👍

Comment

I think they turned out ok, can't even see the wires after painting them. Bright but not too bright, looks cool running around in the dark, plus the color, and orientation of the lights makes it easy to navigate.

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	284895Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3419.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	284896Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3417.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	284897Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	284898

Comment

For soviet toys, it is a bit difficult to find the necessary materials. I mean, their time has passed, and in most cases, those factories are closed. However, we want to keep them not only for beauty but also a little for use. I also had a Soviet tank, and I liked the night to light up so that it could be seen from afar. So it occurred to me to order night light on amazon and disassemble it, taking only what is necessary. You know it helped. These lights are powerful, and the result came out the way I wanted. Anyway for such toys, you always have to look for materials from other things.

Comment

Bad Ass man, Nice work !! Nothing trivial at all. I'm wondering how I can put actual headlights in my Walker Bulldog using such LED's, and you may have saved the day . Thanks

Is this a Henglong Tank? If so, are you running of the MFU ? What LED ports? #2 @ 5.4volts or perhaps #3-5 @ 3.3 volts? Separate battery? Tied into main power ?

Comment

Very cool. would like to see it in dim light.
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
            X