You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Tamiya tanks worth what they are asking for?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Tamiya tanks worth what they are asking for?

Hi all,

I am considering buying the Tamiya JS-2 but the price is 1700 USD! Is it worth it? Thanks Dai

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
    Hi all,

I am considering buying the Tamiya JS-2 but the price is 1700 USD! Is it worth it? Thanks Dai
    Look at AAFtankmuseum.com they are MUCH cheaper and well known as one of the best places to buy Tamiya tanks from. I have bought several tanks and countless parts from them.

Tamiya tanks are very different then HL. Not as simple with complete different style of electronics and definitely not as rugged if built with straight out of the box parts.

Tamiya 1/16 tank detailing is inline with their 1/35 offerings and their tanks are a fair mix of model and RC so having the skill set to work with both is highly recommended.

Just be ready to see a HUGE box arrive full of at least a 1000 unassembled parts.

Most of all you will learn a lot during the building process that will enhance the overall understanding of tank mechanics and any hesitation to work on your HL tanks will be long gone after building a Tamiya tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Look at AAFtankmuseum.com they are MUCH cheaper and well known as one of the best places to buy Tamiya tanks from. I have bought several tanks and countless parts from them.

Tamiya tanks are very different then HL. Not as simple with complete different style of electronics and definitely not as rugged if built with straight out of the box parts.

Tamiya 1/16 tank detailing is inline with their 1/35 offerings and their tanks are a fair mix of model and RC so having the skill set to work with both is highly recommended.

Just be ready to see a HUGE box arrive full of at least a 1000 unassembled parts.

Most of all you will learn a lot during the building process that will enhance the overall understanding of tank mechanics and any hesitation to work on your HL tanks will be long gone after building a Tamiya tank.
      I look at AAF site and they only have 2 Tamiya 1/16 static only. Dai

Comment

I look at AAF site and they only have 2 Tamiya 1/16 static only. Dai
        You did not look under 1/16 Tamiya RC tanks. Search the RC TANK & ACCESSORIES tab. The JS 2 is in stock see screen shot I just took of the in cart pricing. Click image for larger version  Name:	BF2DB4E8-F351-4857-BC86-96060D0AE561.png Views:	0 Size:	276.1 KB ID:	285479

Comment

You did not look under 1/16 Tamiya RC tanks. Search the RC TANK & ACCESSORIES tab. The JS 2 is in stock see screen shot I just took of the in cart pricing. Click image for larger version Name:	BF2DB4E8-F351-4857-BC86-96060D0AE561.png Views:	0 Size:	276.1 KB ID:	285479
          How in the world I miss that? Thanks Dai

Comment

Damnation ! Good prices ! Cheaper than MRC and Toucan ! I am going to order the Tamiya M26 ! Any thoughts? Thanks Dai

Comment

I also look at Taigen offerings too. Are they HL in metal versions? Dai

Comment

I also look at Taigen offerings too. Are they HL in metal versions? Dai
                Yes and No. They use some HL accessories parts and compatible gearboxes. Generally well built tanks but not IR battle compatible in stock form with 6.0 HL or Tamiya tanks.

Comment

Yes and No. They use some HL accessories parts and compatible gearboxes. Generally well built tanks but not IR battle compatible in stock form with 6.0 HL or Tamiya tanks.
                  Too bad. Then I will not be able to do battles with my 6 HL tanks. Dai

Comment

Working...
                  X