• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chally 2 problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201113_202759.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	285610 Well got the chally from Toucan, big shout to them, got my tanks here in 2 weeks. But on the chally the drive sprocket, which is metal, has partially separated, so I assume that the Allen screw is loose. Do it up I hear you scream, at Toucan they put the hub covers on, and the one on the sprocket is recessed. How can I pull that damn cover off?My last option could be drilling a small hole in it and screwing in a small screw just to get leverage on it. Help

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20201113_202759.jpg Views:	37 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	285610 Well got the chally from Toucan, big shout to them, got my tanks here in 2 weeks. But on the chally the drive sprocket, which is metal, has partially separated, so I assume that the Allen screw is loose. Do it up I hear you scream, at Toucan they put the hub covers on, and the one on the sprocket is recessed. How can I pull that damn cover off?My last option could be drilling a small hole in it and screwing in a small screw just to get leverage on it. Help
    Take both sprockets off and the re-install them making sure they fit flush together. Sprockets halves routinely come loose and need to be checked and re-tightened from time to time. Best to leave the drive sprocket screw exposed so it is easy to inspect.

Comment

My problem is with getting that hub cover off. I think HL needs to start putting out a range of 1/16 scale mechanics tools for these things

Comment

My problem is with getting that hub cover off. I think HL needs to start putting out a range of 1/16 scale mechanics tools for these things
        Use a small drop of oil and let it soak in around the “hub cap”. This has and does help with the metal on metal caps as they tend to be overly tight on all the tanks.

I use a thin narrow flat head screwdriver as a pry which has worked out well for me when I have issues with metal caps not wanting to come off.

Comment

Will give it a go mate, thanks

Comment

Well, I tried the penetrating oil, left it overnight and no luck, so out with the big guns, drilled the hub, put a self tapping screw in, prayed and started turning, success, word of wisdom to others, don't put the metal hub cover on the drive sprockets Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_104443.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	285877

Comment

Well, I tried the penetrating oil, left it overnight and no luck, so out with the big guns, drilled the hub, put a self tapping screw in, prayed and started turning, success, word of wisdom to others, don't put the metal hub cover on the drive sprockets Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_104443.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	285877
              Sometimes you just have to go “cave man” ....LoL. Why I leave all my sprocket screws exposed.

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do

Comment

Ok got the sprockets nice and tight, powered up and off we go, to the sound of something either skipping or grabbing, actually making the tank swerve to either side,,any ideas

Comment

Ok got the sprockets nice and tight, powered up and off we go, to the sound of something either skipping or grabbing, actually making the tank swerve to either side,,any ideas
                    That sounds like you are catching guide teeth on the sprocket track retaining rings.

Comment

What is the fix for that?Never had metal tracks before

Comment

Is it just a matter of proper track tension?

Comment

Is it just a matter of proper track tension?
                          If it is the guide teeth catching on the retaining ring then there are a few tweak you can try. PM and I will try to give you some ideas on what to try.

Comment

Well I tracked down the reason why the track was catching, it wasn't the sprocket guide ring but the front return roller.This is a pro version and the roller is metal, it is jamming up and causing the track to jump and hit the hull at high speed and actually stall the motor at low speed. I was wondering if you actually need the return roller or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X