Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A reasonable worry?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reasonable worry?

Hi gang,

Many of my friends see I have tanks on Face Book and want to come over and do IR battles. As much as I like I am worried a bit about them not knowing how to operate the tanks properly like running wild over high rocks, high grass and stripped the turret gears trying for a good shoot. And the kids wanting to join the actions too. I would love to play but I am a little bit concerned about my health of my tanks too... Any thoughts? Dai

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
    Hi gang,

Many of my friends see I have tanks on Face Book and want to come over and do IR battles. As much as I like I am worried a bit about them not knowing how to operate the tanks properly like running wild over high rocks, high grass and stripped the turret gears trying for a good shoot. And the kids wanting to join the actions too. I would love to play but I am a little bit concerned about my health of my tanks too... Any thoughts? Dai
    I loan lightly modified tanks out all the time to adults and kids(all have improved IR receivers). The systems inside the tanks are designed to be abused by kids and not break. So they can take quite a lot of abuse. Remember these are toy tanks marketed towards kids first, not hobby grade tanks marketed toward responsible adults.

The biggest worry is folks loosing a track because of not know how to drive the tank over various terrains and swapping paint here and there. You just have to watch them and help out where and when needed. Yes it can be a handful when you have five or six tanks in the hands of complete RC novices. It becomes especially fun (sarcasm) if they are on the battlefield with experienced tankers driving $1000+ custom built and painted tanks. Talk about stressful😬😬😬😬😬😬.

Oh and the stock IR receivers are junk and require the tanks to be relatively close when fighting outdoors so that paint swapping thing will become a issue if you play in “noon” day sun light.

Otherwise have fun and don’t worry about the tanks breaking. Any part that might get broken can be repaired or replaced.

Comment

Working...
    X