You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please advise me as I may have a problem...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise me as I may have a problem...

Hello all...

I think I may have bitten by the R/C tank bug as I accumulated 6 tanks in a month time ! All HLs ( Leopard, T90,Challenger, Tiger, King Tiger and Panther G). To drive each tank is to relive history and I find the experience to be fascinating. My next tank will be a metal tank for a change and that will be the Taigen JS-2 ready to be ordered from Imex. Do you think I move too fast or should I slow down a month or two before buying anymore? My other hobbies include R/C planes, ships and static model planes. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Dai

You're asking the wrong people.
    Pretty sure most of us share your addiction. 😀
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      You're asking the wrong people.
      Pretty sure most of us share your addiction. 😀
      Steve
      So I am moving too slow or what ? I should be at my 20th tank now right? :) Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
        Hello all...

I think I may have bitten by the R/C tank bug as I accumulated 6 tanks in a month time ! All HLs ( Leopard, T90,Challenger, Tiger, King Tiger and Panther G). To drive each tank is to relive history and I find the experience to be fascinating. My next tank will be a metal tank for a change and that will be the Taigen JS-2 ready to be ordered from Imex. Do you think I move too fast or should I slow down a month or two before buying anymore? My other hobbies include R/C planes, ships and static model planes. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Dai
        Maybe try the next step upgrading the motors, adding barrel flash and upgrades to the IR receiver.

Then give a Tamiya tank a go and build one from a box of parts. You will learn a lot and want to learn even more.

Comment

I have found that since I started modifying/repainting my tanks it has slowed down my rate of acquisition somewhat.
          When Motion started selling tanks I bought what I could afford. Then when they ran out like any addict I started looking for another source and bought tanks on EBay and Amazon as well.The Heng Long tanks are a good fit for me because the prices are low and they are easy to modify. I very much enjoy working on them.
          Another thing I like about tanks is researching their history and watching them in action on YouTube.
          That being said I have a 6.0 Panzer III arriving this week. Can't wait.😁
          Steve

Comment

You could also start looking up specific variants of tanks, how they differ from a stock heng long and kitbash/modify them to match a specific variant you like.

Comment

Can you all tell me how many tanks you each have? I have 6. Really tempted on the Taigen JS-2. Dai

Comment

1 tank, a HL T-72.
                I've yet to run out of things to do to it, plus I also have other interests that compete for limited space, and budget.

Comment

Eight. In order of purchase, T-72, Walker Bulldog, Abrams, Panzer IV, Sturmgeschutz III, T-34/85, Sherman & Tiger II. All 6.0; I upgraded the Stug III.

Many years ago I had a Stug III, an M26, a Panther, a KV-1, a Panzer IV and a Mato all metal Panzer III, all on 49mhz. There were channel crystals to allow more than one to run together. I'd sold off or otherwise got rid of all them for other interests. The upgrade to 2.0 ghz radios and the prospect of group battles rekindled my interest. Having driven the earlier versions, I can really appreciate the improved 2.0 control and Lithium Ion power.

Speaking of the Mato Panzer, I have to say it was a disappointment. It had some serious flaws. The radio was a 4 channel only. One had to move a stick down halfway and go right or left to activate functions, and it had the "Mode 1" control system; steering on one stick and throttle on the other. Very annoying and hard wired. The metal was pot metal, and ultimately because of its weight it tipped over, bending the barrel.

The average HL tanks costs the same or less than a typical r/c plane, my primary hobby.
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hi all ...

My current stock. Will be ordering the Taigen JS2. I heard very positive reviews about it. Dai
                    Attached Files

Comment

StuG, 2 x Panzer IV F2s, SturmTiger, Jagdpanzer IV, Elefant, M41DK1 Bulldog, Sherman Firefly, JagdPanther, and a Poor Panzer III thats been completely gutted to convert into an SU-76M(not an SU76i) So 10.

Comment

Just ordered the Taigen JS 2 from Imex. Dai

Comment

Working...
                        X