Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Taigen accessories fit HL tanks?

Hi all

I went on Imex site and they have many accessories for their Tiger 1 tanks. The smoke dischargers on the HL leave lots to be desired and I would like to know if the Taigen parts will fit into the HL Tiger? Thanks Dai
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
    Hi all

I went on Imex site and they have many accessories for their Tiger 1 tanks. The smoke dischargers on the HL leave lots to be desired and I would like to know if the Taigen parts will fit into the HL Tiger? Thanks Dai
    Nope can’t use them....just kidding. Like any aftermarket parts you may or may not need to do a little fitting.

Comment

Nice find. Teach me about Imex? Didn't even know they existed. What is the major difference between them and He Long? Has anyone used the Imex smoke unit V2?
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
        Nice find. Teach me about Imex? Didn't even know they existed. What is the major difference between them and He Long? Has anyone used the Imex smoke unit V2?
        IMEX is Taigen which is also Torro. Their tanks use a lot of HL accessories and some are just rebranded HL tanks.

Overall their “metal” tanks are mechanical a step above HL in terms of suspension. Though they do not necessarily perform better. Their gearboxes are either HL or their “black” upgrades. The black IMEX/Taigen gearboxes are very good but do require their output shafts to be hand “fitted” to HL sprockets when purchased separately.

Most of the IMEX/Taigen/Torro tanks have much better paint scheme and application of the painting.

The electrical are good for an RTR tank but they are not compatible in stock form with the IR battle systems that HL and Tamiya use.

To some it all up, IMEX “metal tanks” out of the box are mostly “hobby grade” where HL are “toy grade” that need work to be upgraded to “hobby grade”.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
          IMEX is Taigen which is also Torro. Their tanks use a lot of HL accessories and some are just rebranded HL tanks.

Overall their “metal” tanks are mechanical a step above HL in terms of suspension. Though they do not necessarily perform better. Their gearboxes are either HL or their “black” upgrades. The black IMEX/Taigen gearboxes are very good but do require their output shafts to be hand “fitted” to HL sprockets when purchased separately.

Most of the IMEX/Taigen/Torro tanks have much better paint scheme and application of the painting.

The electrical are good for an RTR tank but they are not compatible in stock form with the IR battle systems that HL and Tamiya use.

To some it all up, IMEX “metal tanks” out of the box are mostly “hobby grade” where HL are “toy grade” that need work to be upgraded to “hobby grade”.
          I ordered the Taigen JS-2 and it is supposed to be one of Taigen's newer releases. Good reviews noted on the Net. I have 6 HLs so now I have a good reference base to compare the Taigen. Taigen tanks cost about twice of the HL counterparts. Dai

Comment

I also think Taigen tanks fill the gap between "starter tanks" and "high end tanks" from Tamiya. But considering a price tag of about 550 USD each and up, Taigen tanks are expensive and can be a challenge financially for many hobbyists who want to build up a large collection. I am glad HL quality is getting better over the years and I also wonder on why HL has not released a new one in the past 3 years? Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
              I also think Taigen tanks fill the gap between "starter tanks" and "high end tanks" from Tamiya. But considering a price tag of about 550 USD each and up, Taigen tanks are expensive and can be a challenge financially for many hobbyists who want to build up a large collection. I am glad HL quality is getting better over the years and I also wonder on why HL has not released a new one in the past 3 years? Dai
              R&D takes alot of time and money investment. Injection molds are crazy expensive to have made. RC in a niche hobby, and tanks even more so, so a company has to be careful in what tank they develop to sell in order to recoup the money they invested in molds and the engineering that goes in to make them RCable. although the newer boards having servo compatability should go a long way toward making unfeasable cramped smaller tanks way easier to RC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post

R&D takes alot of time and money investment. Injection molds are crazy expensive to have made. RC in a niche hobby, and tanks even more so, so a company has to be careful in what tank they develop to sell in order to recoup the money they invested in molds and the engineering that goes in to make them RCable. although the newer boards having servo compatability should go a long way toward making unfeasable cramped smaller tanks way easier to RC.
                Be nice to see WW1 tanks! Dai

Comment

Id be far happier with some of the self-propelled AT guns. But I mean...more tanks of any kind is better haha.

Comment

I purchased a HL Tiger 1 some 6 or 7 months ago and it was my 1st RC tank. It arrived with metal tracks and drive unit.
                    Started upgrading the tank and ended up with a Taigen Tiger 1 tank with HL control system. Not all accessories are interchangeable, but they are easy to fit with some work.
                    I may easily say that it costed me 3 HL Tiger 1 price to bring it to current level. I used parts from all different suppliers Mato, Torro,HL, Taigen .My learning curve was a bit expensive, but here I am.
                    For short, I recommend Taigen as a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Sekerli View Post
                      I purchased a HL Tiger 1 some 6 or 7 months ago and it was my 1st RC tank. It arrived with metal tracks and drive unit.
                      Started upgrading the tank and ended up with a Taigen Tiger 1 tank with HL control system. Not all accessories are interchangeable, but they are easy to fit with some work.
                      I may easily say that it costed me 3 HL Tiger 1 price to bring it to current level. I used parts from all different suppliers Mato, Torro,HL, Taigen .My learning curve was a bit expensive, but here I am.
                      For short, I recommend Taigen as a starting point.
                      I bought the Taigen JS2 and at first I did not think the metal body (80%) justifies the price. But Rubicon99 points out there are other improvements that are not there on the HL offerings. Now I started to like my JS2 more. Dai

Comment

Working...
                      X