Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the problem here?

Hi all,

On my HL King Tiger with metal gears, tracks and road wheels, right stick makes the spin very slowly and left stick makes no spin at all. If I slightly push the stick up 20% then I can do the left spin slowly (at the same time go forward). I look at the gear box and nothing is in there. I use fresh Admiral 7000mAh battery. Track too tight, gear problem or....? Please help. Thanks Dai

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
    Hi all,

On my HL King Tiger with metal gears, tracks and road wheels, right stick makes the spin very slowly and left stick makes no spin at all. If I slightly push the stick up 20% then I can do the left spin slowly (at the same time go forward). I look at the gear box and nothing is in there. I use fresh Admiral 7000mAh battery. Track too tight, gear problem or....? Please help. Thanks Dai
    What power setting are you using? High or Low?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

What power setting are you using? High or Low?
      I tried both. Low setting barely moves and high setting barely moves too. I ran on tile floor and the tank responds much better. However no can do on carpet (thin). Dai

Comment

I tried both. Low setting barely moves and high setting barely moves too. I ran on tile floor and the tank responds much better. However no can do on carpet (thin). Dai
        Sounds like you have a set of weak stock 380 motors. You can upgrade them with the black Taigen 380 motors or even better the black Taigen 390 motors (similar to HLs red 390 motors but with slightly less torque)

Performance gearboxes in the “3:1” range are stronger then the stock 3:1 gearboxes, but overall are louder due to the added bearing noise. They don’t add anything special to the overall performance.

Performance gearboxes in the “4:1” range are stronger with more low end torque, are much slower overall and are louder due to the bearing noise. They would be good for your King Tiger if you want a more realistic style of handling. I would pair “4:1” performance gearboxes with 390 motors especially on a heavy King Tiger with its wide tracks. This will give you lots of torque for smooth turning in all types of terrain, plus be only slightly slower then it is now = stock running on the high power setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Sounds like you have a set of weak stock 380 motors. You can upgrade them with the black Taigen 380 motors or even better the black Taigen 390 motors (similar to HLs red 390 motors but with slightly less torque)

Performance gearboxes in the “3:1” range are stronger then the stock 3:1 gearboxes, but overall are louder due to the added bearing noise. They don’t add anything special to the overall performance.

Performance gearboxes in the “4:1” range are stronger with more low end torque, are much slower overall and are louder due to the bearing noise. They would be good for your King Tiger if you want a more realistic style of handling. I would pair “4:1” performance gearboxes with 390 motors especially on a heavy King Tiger with its wide tracks. This will give you lots of torque for smooth turning in all types of terrain, plus be only slightly slower then it is now = stock running on the high power setting.
          If you could kindly link me with the products to purchase, I will appreciate very much! Dai

Comment

If you could kindly link me with the products to purchase, I will appreciate very much! Dai
            They are all on the IMEX/Taigen web site in the tank parts section. Sorry I don’t have them booked marked so I can’t link them.

Comment

Working...
            X