X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Abrams tank stickers not sticking

I'm a long time R/C flyer, but I have just purchased my first R/C tank. I have the Heng Long 6.0s Abrams with upgrades. The problem I have is that although I followed the directions to apply the stickers, when I attempt to remove the clear covering the stickers come off the tank. I had taken the extra precaution of cleaning the surface and using tweezers to apply the stickers. I waited a minimum of 15 minutes and even waited much longer, but the stickers would still come off with the clear film. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? I have contacted Toucan hobby and I'm awaiting a response. Thanks for any help! Eric

Originally posted by 366TFW View Post
    I'm a long time R/C flyer, but I have just purchased my first R/C tank. I have the Heng Long 6.0s Abrams with upgrades. The problem I have is that although I followed the directions to apply the stickers, when I attempt to remove the clear covering the stickers come off the tank. I had taken the extra precaution of cleaning the surface and using tweezers to apply the stickers. I waited a minimum of 15 minutes and even waited much longer, but the stickers would still come off with the clear film. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? I have contacted Toucan hobby and I'm awaiting a response. Thanks for any help! Eric
    Short answer is the sticker suck and a lot of folks just don’t use them. There is nothing Toucan can do except maybe send you another set that will most likely be no better then the first.

There are companies that make and sell traditional 1/16 “water slide” decals for the Abrams and many other tanks. A Google search should bring up several options.

You can also buy a set of Tamiya 1/16 Abrams decals direct from Tamiya USA.

Comment

Rubicon99,

Thanks for your rapid response! It confirmed my fears that a replacement set would not be an improvement. I will do as you suggested and order from another source.

Eric

Comment

Rubicon99,

Thanks for your rapid response! It confirmed my fears that a replacement set would not be an improvement. I will do as you suggested and order from another source.

Eric
        If you use water slide, you need to gloss coat the surface first before you apply the water slide decals or you will get horrible silvering effect. On these tanks, stick on vinyl is the best option if you do not want to gloss coat. Contact Callie Graphics and have her make a set for you. You can research online for an accurate marking. HL's stickers are pure fantasy ! Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

If you use water slide, you need to gloss coat the surface first before you apply the water slide decals or you will get horrible silvering effect. On these tanks, stick on vinyl is the best option if you do not want to gloss coat. Contact Callie Graphics and have her make a set for you. You can research online for an accurate marking. HL's stickers are pure fantasy ! Dai
          Have to except that folks understand this without it needing to be said, but sometimes I forget not everyone has model building experience.

I would not use gloss on a tank, but a flat lusterless enamel overspray.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Have to except that folks understand this without it needing to be said, but sometimes I forget not everyone has model building experience.

I would not use gloss on a tank, but a flat lusterless enamel overspray.
            After the gloss coat to apply the decals, then flat coat. True, not everyone has model building experience so I will need to explain better. Dai

Comment

My thanks to Rubicon99 and dai phan for your guidance! In the course of searching for decals, I noted that a gloss coat was recommended and you have both confirmed this. I have both gloss and flat coats on hand and will probably proceed that way.

Thanks!
              Eric

Comment

My thanks to Rubicon99 and dai phan for your guidance! In the course of searching for decals, I noted that a gloss coat was recommended and you have both confirmed this. I have both gloss and flat coats on hand and will probably proceed that way.

Thanks!
                Eric
                You also need some Micro Set and Micro Sol too. This helps to adhere the decals deep into the surface making them look like they are painted on. Dai

Comment

I use "Archer Fine Transfers" and "Peddinghaus Decals", water slide decals both found on eBay. Use the Micro products as Dai noted.
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                  X