You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so mad/confused...I'm trying to get my tank going!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so mad/confused...I'm trying to get my tank going!

I got a Heng Long M1A2 a couple months ago and the left track didn't go forward. It went in reverse but not forward. I know how to tear my tanks apart and fix em. I did the usual diagnostics but to know avail. After trying everything I could think of I decided I needed to replace the 6.0s module. I finally received the the new module in from China (6 weeks).

I replaced the unit, and before I bolted everything back together I went thru the paces and everything worked as expected. I screwed the top back on and the same freaking problem presented itself. Not only the track didn't now it didn't go in reverse but the turret only rotated about 90 degrees. Like any good engineer, I took a deep breath, and turned off the lights and went bed before I started back at it since it was 2:30am.

Ok, New 6.0s module, swapped out the motors with steel gears, and made sure all the wires were plug together properly. I even bound a different controller to see if that was the issue. I just needed to vent to somebody. I tried to explain to my wife during the commercials during her Hallmark show, but she started to snore. She'll be upset since she missed the end of the show because I bored her to sleep.

Thank you for letting an old man rant. Happy New Years my fellow tankers!!

Originally posted by Grandpa53 View Post
    I got a Heng Long M1A2 a couple months ago and the left track didn't go forward. It went in reverse but not forward. I know how to tear my tanks apart and fix em. I did the usual diagnostics but to know avail. After trying everything I could think of I decided I needed to replace the 6.0s module. I finally received the the new module in from China (6 weeks).

I replaced the unit, and before I bolted everything back together I went thru the paces and everything worked as expected. I screwed the top back on and the same freaking problem presented itself. Not only the track didn't now it didn't go in reverse but the turret only rotated about 90 degrees. Like any good engineer, I took a deep breath, and turned off the lights and went bed before I started back at it since it was 2:30am.

Ok, New 6.0s module, swapped out the motors with steel gears, and made sure all the wires were plug together properly. I even bound a different controller to see if that was the issue. I just needed to vent to somebody. I tried to explain to my wife during the commercials during her Hallmark show, but she started to snore. She'll be upset since she missed the end of the show because I bored her to sleep.

I have 11 HL tanks and most are trouble free and some are just pain in the ass. So is your tank working now? Dai

PS: I am heading toward Taigen tanks now. I have the JS2 and I thought the engineering is much better than HLs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa53 View Post

Try reversing motors lead wires. Black to Red

You would be supersized at how often the wires need to be are reversed in these tanks. Don’t overthink the reversing, remember these are made in China not Japan.

Comment

Regarding the tracks, check the link pins. I had one on my M1 stick out and it grabbed the skirts, jamming and stalling one side in one direction. My clue was some plastic shavings on the fender, where the pin dragged along the inner face.

A thought about the turret; I just had my M1 apart for another wiring project. On the bench all worked ok, bolted together ok, but as soon as I put it on the ground to run it, the turret jammed. Simple issue, happened before, just a wire caught in the teeth of the rotation ring. Out came the eight screws - again! - and adjusted the wires. All ok now.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I think the wire stuck in the turret sounds about right. I also think about the track not working may be a short that shows up when your top is fastened down. It might possibly put some extra pressure on the short. Also check to see if the connection on the motor is solid. When the top is tight it could change the angle and if it is loose that could explain why the motor could short. Just a thought.

Comment

Also...I have 15 H/L tanks and 1 Torro. I realy haven't seen much dufference in the components between the two. The finish might be a little better. The biggest different was I didn;'t need to fasten the decorations to the Torro. It came completely "RTR" and the was cool, but certainly not worth the extra cost that the Torro costs me. I think I might try a Taigen tank if there is a model that H/L doesn't produce like the JS2 or KV-2. I am slowing down buying for a while. I have two in the box I haven't even taken out yet. I have bought a couple of 1/14 scale construction units and I think they are pretty cool also. I bought a 1/14 Kolegend 22 channel excavator (backhoe) for myself for Christmas and I have to admit it rocks! and it has taken a bit to learn how to coordinate trying to drive it. I think I'll look for a frontend loader or bulldozer and scale dump truck. But I discovered they are as difficult to locate as the tanks. I wish RCM could get their inventory concerning the tanks and construction units. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for them with all the opportunity sales losses. It seems their aircraft is available but that doesn't help us old guys that are too chicken to watch their investment crash the first time they take to the air for 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
            X