X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Advice

Hello, I hoping someone can help me please?

For Christmas I brought myself a “Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Special Edition Camouflage 1/16 BB Shooting Smoking Sounding PRO” it’s my first remote controlled anything so please excuse my ignorance on any matters.

I’m from England and purchased the Challenger from Haya themselves, I wanted the camouflaged version which had been out of stock for a while and the new stock arrived just before Christmas

There seems to be a few differences in the tank from the multiple video unboxing and builds videos I watched before buying one.

The power On/Off switch in now under the rear mud guard, the battery is a Super LI-ion and it appears the smoke vents no longer come off, mine will not move at all despite putting quite some force into it.

Does anyone one have any experience of these? Where am I supposed to put the smoke oil??

I also want to remove the hull to enable me to paint the drive wheels and tracks but I have tried 8-10 different screwdrivers and none fit? Does anyone know what heads the screws have?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Carl.

Originally posted by Challenger II View Post
    Hello, I hoping someone can help me please?

For Christmas I brought myself a “Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Special Edition Camouflage 1/16 BB Shooting Smoking Sounding PRO” it’s my first remote controlled anything so please excuse my ignorance on any matters.

I’m from England and purchased the Challenger from Haya themselves, I wanted the camouflaged version which had been out of stock for a while and the new stock arrived just before Christmas

There seems to be a few differences in the tank from the multiple video unboxing and builds videos I watched before buying one.

The power On/Off switch in now under the rear mud guard, the battery is a Super LI-ion and it appears the smoke vents no longer come off, mine will not move at all despite putting quite some force into it.

Does anyone one have any experience of these? Where am I supposed to put the smoke oil??

I also want to remove the hull to enable me to paint the drive wheels and tracks but I have tried 8-10 different screwdrivers and none fit? Does anyone know what heads the screws have?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Carl.
    I have the Challenger. If the switch is NOT on the bottom then likely you have new version. About the smoke, open the tank then the smoker. Make sure the heating element is touching the saturated medium ( heat element touching the soaked medium will produce immediate vapor). Make sure the medium is saturated ilke a wet rag. If you see pooling of liquid then drain it. Make sure the heating element is TOUCHING the SATURATED medium and smoke button is ON the TX ! Dai

Comment

Hello thanks for the reply Dai

My vents were solid, nothing like the vents you see people removing on YouTube etc.

I removed the top, pushed the left hand tab from underneath as this is the one that is solid and pulled from above resulting in the left hand tab snapping off 😥

I then tried the right hand vent having seen that both had pipes for smoke underneath. This time I used a very thin knife blade between the vent and the chassis pushing up with the blade whilst also pulling up with my other hand, again the left hand tab snapped off. 😥

These vents were not loose like in the online videos 😭

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger II View Post
        Hello thanks for the reply Dai

My vents were solid, nothing like the vents you see people removing on YouTube etc.

I removed the top, pushed the left hand tab from underneath as this is the one that is solid and pulled from above resulting in the left hand tab snapping off 😥

I then tried the right hand vent having seen that both had pipes for smoke underneath. This time I used a very thin knife blade between the vent and the chassis pushing up with the blade whilst also pulling up with my other hand, again the left hand tab snapped off. 😥

These vents were not loose like in the online videos 😭
        Most likely you had a production mistake and the vent got glued down. Can’t say I have seen that before (said in a sarcastic tone), these things do happen.

The other possibility is that there is a regional issue with import requirements that restrict the smoke options on imported “toys” and this was the solution around the requirements?

Comment

Contact Godfrey and likely he will send you a new smoker. Dai

Comment

Working...
          X