X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya Abrams and Flysky FS-i6S

I just finished building my Tamiya Abrams tank, I opted to go with the Flysky FS-i6S due to costs and blowing most of the budget on the tank itself. So after setting up the radio, and performing the test run I noticed some problems. The driving and turning function correctly so does the turret rotation and barrel elevation and depression. However, I still can't the tank to fire the main gun or machine gun. I searched the internet but there is nothing really posted on this.

Originally posted by EvilMP View Post
    I just finished building my Tamiya Abrams tank, I opted to go with the Flysky FS-i6S due to costs and blowing most of the budget on the tank itself. So after setting up the radio, and performing the test run I noticed some problems. The driving and turning function correctly so does the turret rotation and barrel elevation and depression. However, I still can't the tank to fire the main gun or machine gun. I searched the internet but there is nothing really posted on this.
    Read the MFU operations manual provided with the Abrams. If you set up your radio channels/sticks the way Tamiya instructions show then how to fire the main gun is in the manual. I would help you more but my sticks are set up to mimic the HL radios (= all driving on right stick, all turret and gun functions on left stick and my main gun fires off a button).

Tamiya stick layout is not intuitive, but needed to have all the extra functions which almost no one uses. LoL

Comment

I was able to get the flysky working but to control the Tamiya Abrams its a bit different. I have to use the zone of light pressure of the stick to use the advanced features like shooting, So for example if I push slightly right gently the tank will fire, if I push to the right the tank will turn right only at the extreme right will it though. That is about the only limitation or quirk I found with the flysky radio.

Comment

Speaking of the Flysky FSi6S...

I have two projects in mind for the future which will require programming flexibility and additional functions over stock HL's. One is a 35rc setup, and another is a 3D printed tank. Some questions to start off:

Can the transmitter be configured to HL mode, ie motors on the right, turret on the left?
        Can it be configured to activate guns via switches, as opposed to stick movements?
        Can turret rotation, gun elevation and other operations be programmed to use servos?
        Can it be configured to change volume, turn lights on and off, trim left and right, all the stuff HL radios can do?

I apologize in advance for not paying attention to earlier discussions. Now I need to know! if there are tutorials online you think would help me, point me at them. 🤔
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
        X