X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taigen Proportional Control??

I just bougt my first Taigen Tank. I found a late model Tiger I with the plastic top hull instead of the metal. I got it for around $200. I am really impressed with it overall. The molding detail is awesome (but I have only seen H/L, which I love BTW). Where I saw the biggest difference is when I popped it open. Everything was nice and neat and looked so organized. Most of the accessories were install and the tank commander was PAINTED. I was in heaven. For the same price as most of my H/L I was going to go by all of them I could. Reality hit when I fired it up and drove it. It has nearly zero proportional control. You need to be super attentive to the sticks or the damn thing goes flying across the room. There is only one sound set (which is ok). It is like drive a JJRC vs a WPL. I can get it to creep along like I like to do but for the most part it goes fast or not at all. Now here is the big question, is there a way to adjust the proportional control for the forwrd/back and side to side. I don't care so much if the turret spins at one speed. I did try to find something on the internet and believe or not I tried to look through the manual (that's a first!!) Thoughts?

PS...I realy like the tank, I'll buy another sooner or later...maybe a JS2...

Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
    I just bougt my first Taigen Tank. I found a late model Tiger I with the plastic top hull instead of the metal. I got it for around $200. I am really impressed with it overall. The molding detail is awesome (but I have only seen H/L, which I love BTW). Where I saw the biggest difference is when I popped it open. Everything was nice and neat and looked so organized. Most of the accessories were install and the tank commander was PAINTED. I was in heaven. For the same price as most of my H/L I was going to go by all of them I could. Reality hit when I fired it up and drove it. It has nearly zero proportional control. You need to be super attentive to the sticks or the damn thing goes flying across the room. There is only one sound set (which is ok). It is like drive a JJRC vs a WPL. I can get it to creep along like I like to do but for the most part it goes fast or not at all. Now here is the big question, is there a way to adjust the proportional control for the forwrd/back and side to side. I don't care so much if the turret spins at one speed. I did try to find something on the internet and believe or not I tried to look through the manual (that's a first!!) Thoughts?

That is NOT normal by any means. Something is wrong here. Dai

Comment

You have the older version controls in your tank. There is no way except to replace the control MFU with something like. HL 6.1, Clark or Tamiya MFU. You could buy a Taigen V3 MFU but those are not quite as good handling wise as the new 6.0/1 HL MFUs, but do allow you to use hobby grade transmitters.

Comment

I did takea peak and I couldn't see what version of MFU it has. Unlike the H/L which has the version In big shiny letters right on top of the MFU. I did not pull the fan however.

Comment

So 99....You are saying I can swap a H/L 6.0S MFU in it. I have one kicking around from when I swapped in my Abrams when I thought maybe my problems (which they were not) were MFU related. I am excited about 7.0. Is a 6.1s and the 7.0 the same?

Comment

So 99....You are saying I can swap a H/L 6.0S MFU in it. I have one kicking around from when I swapped in my Abrams when I thought maybe my problems (which they were not) were MFU related. I am excited about 7.0. Is a 6.1s and the 7.0 the same?
            Yes you can swap in your spare 6.0.

From the photo I was the 7.0 appears to resemble a 6.1 with a new label. If so that’s not a bad thing the 6.1/S is a big step forward in adding more options.

Comment

Working...
            X