X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long 1/16 Abrams moves by itself

Has the following ever happened with your RC tanks? Last week, I placed the tank on top of a coffee table after playing with it. The battery was in the tank with the power switch turned off. The controller was also turned off. A short time later, one of the tank tracks started to move by itself. I took the battery out of the tank when not playing. Yesterday, I placed the tank with the battery inside on top of a 38 inch tall dresser after playing with it. Less than 30 minutes later, I heard a crashing sound. I walked into the room and found the tank on the floor. The rear section of the hull was separated from the chassis. Fortunately, I was able to push it back together after removing the screws (one corner no longer has a tight fit). I used duct tape and painted it with camo green paint for a quick fix. A piece of the rear tow hook hole was broken off (not sure if I can find a replacement part). The first incident was with a stock Heng Long battery. The second incident was with a Motion RC Admiral battery.

It's haunted! Never seen anything like that.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Gremlins from the Kremlins
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        It's haunted! Never seen anything like that.
        THIS ^^^^^^^^ 💀💀👻👻👽👽🤡🤡!!!

Comment

Sigrude: Clearly the batteries are not the problem. Neither is the problem. I don't think there spooks afoot. I guess I would start with the switch, but the symptoms suggest a haunted MFU. Maybe the switch is in kahoots with the MFU. Clearly there is electricity flowing from the battery to the motors. How? Okay, back to the switch. Check the wiring, anything obvious? Can leave the battery attached, elevate the track and wiggle the switch. Anything? How a out the lights, are they flashing? Wiggle the switch, do they stop then return to flashing? Let me know what you discover. We will go from there. How old is your Abrams? If it is new, check with Dai on who you can contact to get help and parts. I will try to respond in a timely manner. Lets fix this tank and have another happy tanker...is that an oxymoron?

Comment

Its like the movie "Christine!"

Comment

Actually thought about this. 1: power is getting to the motors, check switch as was mentioned. 2: how are motors starting? either a bad MFU, or perhaps an external 2.4G transmission source. some I can think of are household cordless phones, microwaves and wi-fi routers. any of these nearby? without the dedicated transmitter on, could other close sources swamp the MFU? Fun to think about, hope you keep us updated.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

It strikes me the actual failure must be in the power switch. All current to everything else has to be coming through that. Now, just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, when you say the power is shut off, you mean with a physical switch on the tank, yes? You are not talking about a button on the transmitter having been used to "shut down" the tank. Shutting down the tank just with a button on the transmitter would leave the tank and everything in it fully powered and waiting for a signal to start up again.

Comment

A little update. The tank moved several inches on its own again a day after my last post. The tank was in the off position and the controller was in the off position. So, I removed the battery from the tank. Yesterday, a new problem occurred. The left track doesn’t move forward but it moves in reverse with no issues. Any suggestions??

Comment

I replaced the main board and the issues were fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X