X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad battery, maybe ??

At what voltage does the tank quit running ? I put a brand new 7.2 volt NIMH battery in one of mine, and after a short while, it stops running, and the headlights flash like when the switch is first turned on, before pushing the start button on the remote. If I push the start button, it starts right up, and runs for a few seconds, and then quits again. I suspect low battery voltage, but I have not yet taken a reading with my meter. After I charge the battery back up, I will run it again until it quits, and take a reading, but I would like to know at what point the voltage is low enough to cause it to shut down. It is a brand new battery, so I want to be sure before I return it to the vendor for replacement.

Originally posted by Cascabel View Post
    At what voltage does the tank quit running ? I put a brand new 7.2 volt NIMH battery in one of mine, and after a short while, it stops running, and the headlights flash like when the switch is first turned on, before pushing the start button on the remote. If I push the start button, it starts right up, and runs for a few seconds, and then quits again. I suspect low battery voltage, but I have not yet taken a reading with my meter. After I charge the battery back up, I will run it again until it quits, and take a reading, but I would like to know at what point the voltage is low enough to cause it to shut down. It is a brand new battery, so I want to be sure before I return it to the vendor for replacement.
    The shut down occurs around 6 volts, but it also depends on the remaining amps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The shut down occurs around 6 volts, but it also depends on the remaining amps too.
      Thanks for the info. I'll report back next time I run it, probably in a day or two.....

Comment

Working...
      X