X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Heng Long 1/16 Scale China T-99A Battle Tank - RTR Thread

1/16 Scale China T-99A Battle Tank Upgrade Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3899-001

1/16 Scale China T-99A Battle Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3899-002

The Type 99 MBT is a Chinese third generation main battle tank. Combining modular composite armour and tandem-charge defeating ERA, 125mm smoothbore gun with ATGM-capability, high mobility, digital systems and optics, the Type 99 represents a shift towards rapid modernisation by the PLA. The tank entered People's Liberation Army (PLA) service in 2001. The People's Liberation Army Ground Force (PLAGF) is the sole operator of the Type 99. This Upgrade version features steel gears and plastic tracks for an economical balance between durability and weight. Heng Long has produced RC tanks for over 20 years, and their products offer an ideal starting point for new customers wanting to explore the world of RC tanks. All of Motion RC’s Heng Long 1/16 scale tanks utilize the latest TK6 MFCB for outstanding control, performance, playability, and upgrade potential!
    Durable Tracks

Confidently conquer terrain with durable tracks that are easy to service. Professional Versions feature metal tracks.
    Independent Suspension and Steel Geared Gearbox

Reliable steel geared gearboxes transfer power while independent suspension provide traction over rough surfaces.
    Omnidirectional Proportional Control

The latest generation TK6 Multi-Function Control Board (MFCB ) provides smooth driving response and personalized configuration options.
    IR Battle Ready

Engage in friendly infrared ("IR") combat with other TK6-equipped tanks, both inflicting hits upon and receiving hits from opponents! Sounds and action signal each hit, until the 5th hit disables the tank. After 10 seconds, the disabled tank restarts and can rejoin the fight!
    Airsoft BB Launch

Safely fire 6mm plastic airsoft BBs at the included paper target at short ranges. *Take safety precautions and wear eye protection.
    Scale Detail

The perfect balance of scale detail and practical RC Tanking, each Heng Long tank arrives factory painted and includes Cosmetic Accessory Parts to further enhance the tank's realism.
    Realistic Operation

320 degree turret traverse, 30 degree cannon elevation, programmable track recoil, and four different sound sets put you in complete control.
    LED Lights

LED lights indicate the tank's standby and active modes, and also flash when "hit" during IR Battles.
    Exhaust Effect

Glycerin-based "exhaust effect" simulates engine exhaust for added realism.
    RTR

The convenience of "Ready to Run" (RTR) allows new players to join the world of RC Tanks with ease!
    FEATURES:
    • Latest Generation TK6 Multi-Function Control Board (MFCB)
    • Proportional acceleration, steering, turret traverse, and gun elevation/depression
    • Programmable radio settings for the amount of recoil, the sensitivity in turns, the overall sensitivity in acceleration, high speed and low-speed modes, etc
    • Smoke effect (On/Off)
    • Headlights and Brake lights (On/Off)
    • Volume (five settings including Off)
    • Four different sound sets. Each contains a unique engine start, idle, accelerating, traverse, elevate, machine gun, cannon firing, and shutdown sound
    • Track Recoil (Three settings from low, medium, and high) -This shudders the tank briefly rearward to simulate recoil when firing the main cannon
    • Fires a 6mm plastic BB (10 meters with minimal accuracy and limited velocity, but should still be treated with caution and with adequate eye protection)
    • Fires an invisible IR signal to be used as part of Heng Long's Infrared Battle System, which disables other tanks when hit five times during simulated combat. Up to 20 tanks at the same time can battle each other!
    • Independent suspension on all road wheels

INCLUDES:
    • Heng Long China T-99A Upgrade Edition 1/16 Scale Battle Tank - RTR
    • 2S 7.4v 1800mAh Li-ion battery with Tamiya connector
    • 2S USB LiPo/Li-ion battery charger
    • 12-Channel 2.4GHz radio transmitter
    • Magnetic Infrared (IR) battle system receiver
    • Painted cosmetic accessory parts
    • Adhesive decal sheet
    • 6mm plastic BBs (50 Pack)
    • 2x spare track links
    • Smoke oil
    • Complete instruction manual
    REQUIRES:
    • 6x AA batteries for 2.4GHz radio transmitter
    OPTIONAL:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : BEGINNER
    BUILD TIME : 1 HOUR

Note: Professional edition has the drive sprocket, idler wheel, and tracks upgraded to cast metal.
    Scale 1:16
    Length 65cm / 25.5in
    Width 23.5cm / 9.2in
    Height 18cm / 7.0in
    Weight 4535g / 159.9oz
    Body Material ABS Plastic
    Chassis Material ABS Plastic
    Track Material Metal
    Motors Two 380 motors (28x37mm)
    Bearings Metal Bushings
    Gearbox Gear Material Metal
    Adjustable Gear Ratio Fixed
    Differential Type Gear
    Suspension Type Idler Arm
    Sprocket Metal
    Road Wheels Metal
    Idler Wheel Metal
    Adjustable Idler Yes
    Turret Rotation 320 Degrees
    Lights Yes
    Sound Yes
    Exhaust Effect Yes
    IR Battle Ready Yes
    Airsoft BB Launch Yes, 6mm
    Track Recoil Yes
    Cannon Barrel Recoil No
    Required Battery 2S 7.4V 1800mAh (included)
    Required Radio 10 Channel (included)
    Skill Level Beginner
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Indoor / Outdoor

In the past Alpha posted the official new tanks listings. What happen to Alpha he has been radio silent everywhere? Is he still with Motion RC?

Comment

Alpha hasn't posted anything since November.
      James said this morning on the live YouTube show that Alpha is busy with other projects.
      Who knows?
      Steve

Comment

I can attest to the fact that Alpha is alive and well...Just incredibly busy as all of us at Motion RC are at the moment. Lots and lots and lots of new product from surface to air!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

But no one is saying definitely if Alpha is still working for Motion r/c.

A simple YES or NO question. Is Alpha still affiliated with Motion RC?

Comment

I'm the one that asked that question on the live show today and James confirmed that Alpha is indeed busy behind the scenes working with the new hires and upcoming new product. Motion is expanding and lots of stuff going on..

Comment

Has anyone purchased this tank? Any good or bad input on it? Thank you!

Comment

Yes I have a few of them. Overall it's just a larger version of the T72/90. No real big running issues stand out. It does make for a nice kit bashing platform and screams for more ERA to be added. IMO it looks really cool with the side skirts removed, because it's longer low profile hull lines give it a that sports car 100mph look while standing still.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                  Yes I have a few of them. Overall it's just a larger version of the T72/90. No real big running issues stand out. It does make for a nice kit bashing platform and screams for more ERA to be added. IMO it looks really cool with the side skirts removed, because it's longer low profile hull lines give it a that sports car 100mph look while standing still.
                  You removed the side skirts? Got a photo?

Comment

Thanks R99. I will get this one for myself at this time. I am still reluctant to get the M60 since it’s at $500 :-(.
                    It’s paying tax season. So I gotta conserve :-)

Comment

I bought the original ZTZ-99 version without ERA on a whim as it had the old HL 5.3 system in it. The tank isn't technically a ZTZ-99, it's actually a Type-98. I actually really like the look of the tank. The HL version of the ZTZ-99A highlighted in this thread is actually the ZTZ-99. HL has it mislabeled as the "A" version. The only ZTZ-99A is the Hooben version which I also own, but I don't recommend buying it. It's a cool looking tank, but upgrades are limited because it doesn't share the same component specifications as the Heng Long family of tanks.

I use the sound set from a Leopard 2A6 as the Chinese basically took the hull of a T-72, lengthened it, and installed a clone of the Leo 2A6 engine. The hull had to be lengthened to accommodate the longer engine of the Leo. I resprayed the camo in the proper Chinese PLA colors and it is a pretty cool tank. The darkest color in the camo is actually green and not black.

RC Tanks - Heng Long ZTZ-99 - This is the Heng Long ZTZ-99 (non-A) model. It is a closeout I got on Matomart: http://www.matomart.com/prodview.php?p=1136 Ended up being right at $185 USD shipped to my door from Canada and it got here in 7 days. It does have the zinc gearboxes, but I already have a set of steel

Derek

Comment

It arrived yesterday. It runs fine and it is big. I will leave it the way it is and will weather it this week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7650.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	374785

Name:	IMG_7648A.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	374786

Comment

I like the subject but that looks quite toyish, not up to the usual H-L detail/ paint scheme.

Comment

I hope once I dirty it up, it won't look like a toy anymore

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                              I resprayed the camo in the proper Chinese PLA colors and it is a pretty cool tank. The darkest color in the camo is actually green and not black.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...-ztz-99-a.html

Derek

Nice paint job. I did the same for my Leopard - same pattern as stock, but with my own paints. The difference is subtle but unmistakable. Also, by using paints, the weathering - dust, grime, etc. - lays down consistently. Just my $.02.

+1 to see R99's naked ZTZ-99! 😳

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Nice paint job. I did the same for my Leopard - same pattern as stock, but with my own paints. The difference is subtle but unmistakable. Also, by using paints, the weathering - dust, grime, etc. - lays down consistently. Just my $.02.

+1 to see R99's naked ZTZ-99! 😳

Bob I will endeavor to remember to pull it out of my storage unit next time I am there. Just don't have the room for all my tanks so I only keep the ones I like to run the most parked at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Bob I will endeavor to remember to pull it out of my storage unit next time I am there. Just don't have the room for all my tanks so I only keep the ones I like to run the most parked at home.
                                  No worries, no rush. I just remember how cool the naked Pershing looked when I first saw it.

Name:	IMG_1721.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	374807Click image for larger version

Name:	M26 01.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	374808
                                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Out of the box...