Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with new tank

Help needed.

Got my 1st tank this month. After about 15 minutes, I noticed that the tank wasn't driving as expected. Its metal tracks were scrapping against the armored skirt of the HL M1A2 Abrams.
    Emailed seller. They said it was within the manufacturer's specs. My continued use will certainly cause more damage and possibly affect the life of the tank.
    My thoughts were either to return the item within the 30 days or request other compensation (Rubber track replacements, paint to conceal the pending damage, or other appropriate compensation)
    Any and all input would greatly be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by HardRock View Post
    Help needed.

Got my 1st tank this month. After about 15 minutes, I noticed that the tank wasn't driving as expected. Its metal tracks were scrapping against the armored skirt of the HL M1A2 Abrams.
    Emailed seller. They said it was within the manufacturer's specs. My continued use will certainly cause more damage and possibly affect the life of the tank.
    My thoughts were either to return the item within the 30 days or request other compensation (Rubber track replacements, paint to conceal the pending damage, or other appropriate compensation)
    Any and all input would greatly be appreciated.
    It is totally normal wear and will not hurt the tank or track. It will wear away a small grove on both sides and then stop once worn down enough for the track to have room to move side to side inside the idler wheel track guide groove as the tank turns.

These are NOT precision tanks so rubbing and wear is rather common on most Heng Long tanks. Heck even the $1000+ Tamiya tanks have similar wear tendencies.

Hope this help put you at ease.

On another note your Abrams has Leopard 2 metal tracks. Not that this in anyway is contributing to the issues as the Abrams and Leopard can run each other’s track type, it’s just an observation.

Comment

Hi HardRock,
      Also check to make sure the drive sprocket and idler sprocket are on all the way and the screws that hold them are tight.
      And if you are using the stock 1800mah battery 15 minutes is about all you're gonna get with a metal upgraded Abrams.
      Steve

Comment

Thank you both for your insight. I can now enjoy the tank with just standard precautions 😃

Comment

Is there a difference between the metal tracks for a Heng Long M1A2 Abrams and Heng LongLeopard 2 and Challenger 2 metal tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by HardRock View Post
            Is there a difference between the metal tracks for a Heng Long M1A2 Abrams and Heng LongLeopard 2 and Challenger 2 metal tracks?
            The Abrams and Leopard 2 can run each other’s tracks with some length adjustments. The tracks are different but close enough not to make any difference in running reliability.

The Challenger 2 can run Abrams and Leopard tracks but the sprockets need to have a small spacer placed between the two halves. Otherwise the sprockets are just a bit to narrow.

Neither the Leopard or Abrams can use Challenger 2 tracks with their stock spec sprockets as they are to wide for the Challenger 2 tracks.

Comment

Working...
            X