X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETO Armor

I have tried to order from ETO Armor and have received conformation of my order but while placing the order there was not a place to take my payment info. I have used all 3 of the contact emails listed but no response. Does anybody know if they are still in business?

Originally posted by mikeronie View Post
    I have tried to order from ETO Armor and have received conformation of my order but while placing the order there was not a place to take my payment info. I have used all 3 of the contact emails listed but no response. Does anybody know if they are still in business?
    Yes that sounds about right based on my past experiences with them. Oh and once you pay it can take weeks for them to ship.

Comment

I thought I'd take a look at ETO Armor. Norton Anti-virus went bananas, exclamation point and orange signs all over their links. Nasty!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I ordered some inserts for my Abrams. Ordered them before Christmas and got them a the end of January. I would guess that ETO isn't the main source of income. Definitely not in a hurry. I have no idea if the outfit is still around or not. I would be interested in what you find outl

Comment

Kept thinking something was wrong, East Coast Armory. Thats the outfit I ordered from. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Broffermoon View Post
            Kept thinking something was wrong, East Coast Armory. Thats the outfit I ordered from. Sorry for the confusion.
            ECA is the worst to order from!! Over four month wait and five phone calls and emails. Their products are also not very good in overall quality. $200 in parts and only one small part was usable after a lot of cleaning, fill and sanding. The rest were all throw away. I will not order from them again and could never recommend them to anyone.

Comment

An update about ETO Armor. I replaced my order and in the notes stated that I had not received and payment info. Last night I received a call from the owner to rectify the issuet. For some unknown reason he/me was blocked from emails. I got his building info on the phone and took care of the payment. My email domain is earthlink, I now have a gmail account for any other orders. All seems to be good here.

Comment

ETO is very good. I have spent way more money than I want to there lol. I have several of this custom trannys. They are designed for Tamiya tanks. Mostly for my built up shermans and one for my Leopard 1. They are bullet proof and geared strong. But they are slow unless you custom order a higher speed.
                He used to be the main source of Schumo metal details for the US but that ended when Axles Model Bau was taken over by a new owner and wont let him distribute.
                ETO is run by Bob, he is an American expatriot that fell in love with a woman in Crimea and she was not able to return here so he stayed there. He has a partner in the US that handles the business here. But the trannys are fabricated there and and sent here. If there is an issue, as I once had with an incrrectly gauged part, it is just sent to the US partner and he rectifies it quickly.
                Cant say enough good things about their business. Especailly when I pay 300 bucks for one tranny.

As for ECA, he makes really nice stuff espeically if you are doing abrams detailing out or an IDF sherman but his flash and overcast burden is terrible. It takes lots of cleanup time to make his nice parts ready to use, and he is very slow at shipping stuff out. Again side business for him. But in this hobby it seems you take what you can get with people making stuff you cant.
                RC tank parts and accessories I make
                www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                X