Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New H-L Pzkw IIIH doesn’t fire, has 6.0s board, what to check?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H-L Pzkw IIIH doesn’t fire, has 6.0s board, what to check?

Hello all, snagged a new H-L Panzer IIIH, it’s a 6.0s version in all plastic. It seems very nice and looks to be reasonably close to scale accuracy. My future DAK tank!

All seems to work fine, except for the firing of all guns and any accompanying noises and recoil. Crickets (as in silence, not bug noises.. ).

I figure there is probably a disconnected cable somewhere, and any insight as to what I can quickly check first would be greatly appreciated!

Pretty simple to open it up and take a look for an unplugged wire. The screws that hold the upper and lower hulls together are close to the edges. The ones that are not near the edges usually are to hold the smoker in place. Be careful when putting it back together that you START all of the screws before tightening any of them. Make sure you don't pinch any wires between upper and lower hulls. Be sure not to pull your smoker hoses loose from where they connect when opening it up. Refer to the diagram included with new tanks for where wires are supposed to be plugged in to the main board. If everything is plugged in properly, start checking for broken wires, or wires pulled loose from their plugs.

Comment

Thanks Cascabel! I went thru what you said to do, and nothing looks pinched, loose, cut.
      With all things gun-related disabled as it is, I wondered if there was a hidden “child safety switch” that I’m missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nfafan View Post
        Hello all, snagged a new H-L Panzer IIIH, it’s a 6.0s version in all plastic. It seems very nice and looks to be reasonably close to scale accuracy. My future DAK tank!

All seems to work fine, except for the firing of all guns and any accompanying noises and recoil. Crickets (as in silence, not bug noises.. ).

I figure there is probably a disconnected cable somewhere, and any insight as to what I can quickly check first would be greatly appreciated!
        Make sure you are pressing both the right then left button in proper sequence. If you do not the cannon will not fire.This is a common mistake.

Press down on right first and hold it down while pressing the left. This is the sequence that is needed to unlock the child safety and fire the cannon.

The airsoft gun will then whined up, fire and active the sound and track recoil. If the airsoft fires and there is no track recoil then you might have the recoil turned off. If there is no sound and everything else works which would be unusual then you mighty another issue.

Comment

One possibility, the transmitter? The actions you reference are all, and are the only ones, handled by the buttons on top. Any chance you have a second transmitter you can bind the tank to? (If not, why not? Time's a'wasting. 😉). There's no child safety switch. Interestingly enough, the old 27mhz ones did have a physical switch for the airsoft gun, but not the noises, etc.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hello all, first off, thanks for all the advice! I just now finally had a chance to puttz with PzIII for a bit... No combo of transmitter buttons will activate the guns, recoil effects.
            As for the transmitter;
            I power up tank, headlights start to blink, power up transmitter, red lite on - then glows solid/beeps for just a sec, then rhythmically starts into blinks/beeps in time with headlights.
            This blinking/beeping on the transmitter is constant while operating the tank.

These symptoms familiar?

Comment

Try putting fresh batteries in the transmitter. If that doesn't work then the transmitter is bad.
              Steve

Comment

Tried new batteries in transmitter controller; the beeping/flashing of controller ended, but no effect on guns...

Comment

Does the machine gun work if you press the upper LH silver button?
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                    Does the machine gun work if you press the upper LH silver button?
                    Steve
                    Absolutely nothing gun-related - lights, sounds, recoil - occurs if either/both switches are pressed. I did not see any connectors loose, but cant rule out they have something not connected right or, something is amiss inside turret....

Comment

If you aren't getting any machine gun sound I would say that the LH button on the transmitter is bad since the sound comes from the 6.0 board.
                      And if that button is bad the cannon would not fire either.
                      Do you get all the engine and turret turning sounds?
                      Steve

Comment

Thank you for the replies! Yes, I get all sounds save anything gun related including the recoil.

Comment

I had exactly this problem with a new HL tank - neither machine gun nor main gun would fire or produce sound. I took the transmitter apart and found that one of the wires to the switch under the left hand button was not attached (looked like a dry joint). Simply re-soldering the wire cured the problem. (Very easy to lose the buttons when the case is open though!)

Comment

Timbo68 wins the Ginsu steak knives!

I opened the transmitter up, found nothing obvious, but reseated the cable to the PCB from the buttons and tried it - guns fire and noise, recoil; all are now here - woohoo!!

Thanks again all for the encouragement!

Comment

Working...
                            X