X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StuG Recoil and Mantlet Removal

Did all of the HL StuGs have barrel recoil or was that an option? If it matters my StuG has the airsoft option and it was the version before 6.0; it now has a Clark board.

Also, how do you remove the mantlet from the gun assembly? I removed all visible screws and it won't budge,

Thanks,

Jim

Been doing some research and wrenching. So just in case anybody else stumbles into this thread with the same questions I had,

On the 5.3 StuGs with airsoft I don't believe recoil was an option. Or, if it was an option, it wasn't something they all had (it was an option lol).

And to take it apart.

1. Remove the top of the hull from the bottom.
    2. Disconnect all of the wires from the top to the bottom.
    3. Remove all of the silver screws holding the airsoft and elevation assemblies in place.
    4. Remove the 2 screws that attach the mantlet to the airsoft assembly.
    5. Pull the barrel straight out of the airsoft assembly, It is a friction fit and it might be tight. DO NOT twist it.
    6. Unscrew the muzzle break.
    7. Slide the mantlet off of the front end of the barrel.

Note that when you reassemble it the barrel has a notch on the bottom that is for alignment of the mantlet. To get everything back into place that notch has to be on the bottom. Then everything will push back together and the two screw holes in the mantlet will line up with the two screw holes in the airsoft assembly. Effectively the barrel is held in place by being trapped between the mantlet and the airsoft assembly.

Hope this helps anybody else with the questions I had.

Comment

Working...
    X