X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long T-90 noisy turret

I just purchased a Heng Long T-90 and notice that during turret rotation, it is very noisy when turning to the right, however it is quiet when turning to the left. I have an Abrams for comparison and it’s turret is pretty quiet in both directions. The T-90 turret when rotating to the right, however, has a very noisy rotation to the right that can be easily heard over the tank sound system.

has anyone experienced this issue? I am going to open it up to take a look and see if there is something causing resistance that would maybe cause this.

Gordon

Originally posted by TokyoRC View Post
    I just purchased a Heng Long T-90 and notice that during turret rotation, it is very noisy when turning to the right, however it is quiet when turning to the left. I have an Abrams for comparison and it’s turret is pretty quiet in both directions. The T-90 turret when rotating to the right, however, has a very noisy rotation to the right that can be easily heard over the tank sound system.

has anyone experienced this issue? I am going to open it up to take a look and see if there is something causing resistance that would maybe cause this.

Gordon
    What kind of “noisy” ? Gear noise or electronic motor noise?

Comment

It sounds like gear noise. Not grinding, but a whining noisy gearbox sound. If that makes sense.

it’s like a rurrr rurrr rurrr sound.

Comment

Have you taken it apart for a look?

Comment

I finally had a chance to look inside, however don’t see anything unusual. Nothing seems to be binding, wires not in the way etc. I may need to remove the turret rotation motor/gears and try them sans turret to see Tim it still happens and also to check free movement of the turret.

Comment

Likely the motor gear is not aligned in the right spot on the shaft or the motor is out of alignment in the rotation box.
            time to un screw the box, gently pop the tabs and take it apart and look at the gear lash between the worm, and the worm gear it drives.
            might need to slip the motor out and gently nudge the plastic gear one direction or another to get better alignment with the worm gear.

or buy a metal high speed rotation unit from dklm.
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thank you for the tips. I will open up the turret motor box and take a closer look. If all else fails I may just have to go with your suggestion on the metal high speed rotation unit from dklm. Can I run this directly from the TK6.0S MFU?

Comment

I opened up the turret gearbox, removed, lightly greased and reseated all of the gears. Also checked the worm gear on the motor. All seems ok but it still is super noisy when turning to the right. It may be that the worm gear tolerances are off. Not sure.

Anyway I went ahead and ordered a metal turret gearbox and metal turret ring from DKLM. That will surely fix it. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X