Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KY Models Ford GPA

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KY Models Ford GPA

What's the word, MRC- gonna offer a Bancroft GPA????

Click image for larger version

Name:	145716816_10223337036728169_1850287749574576735_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=4BC671mNIRMAX8-PwC-&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=a1fe50172deaf4f41c08232ad4b27ca4&oe=606D0C9E.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	303010

I have searched for this thing and just cannot find it for sale anywhere lol. Heck the only info you can find is this ad on other forums.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

future release for sure... but the folks at Motion must know...

Comment

OK it's out and available... I even received mine from MotionRC.
        Now the product page:
        1/16 Scale Ford GPA Amphibious Vehicle - RTR from Torro - TOR59001 The Ford GPA “Seep” (Sea Jeep) was an amphibious version of the World War II Ford GPW jeep. The DUKW amphibious 2 1⁄2-ton truck was used as a design reference, but the GPA was not as successful of a design as the DUKW with just 12,000 units being produc

...says: "Visit the Official Torro Ford GPA 1/16 Scale Amphibious Vehicle Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A."
        But I don't see that thread anywhere?

Comment

And a question- Where are the three figures that I see in the Torro ads? NOT in my GPA, that's where.
          Where do we get them?

Comment

I got two figures with my Torro M16 Half-track so one of them went in my GPA and the other is driving the M16. I would like to find some figures for both, but I haven't found any suitable ones yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
              I have searched for this thing and just cannot find it for sale anywhere lol. Heck the only info you can find is this ad on other forums.
              Rich, MRC does indeed have them, apparently in stock. Will you get one? If you do, start a thread. I too am interested!
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I got one quite a while ago Bob. I’ve posted photos on my Ig of it in the pond at the Desert Training Center.
                quite happy with it, Nicely detailed and quite accurate from what I remember when I drove one.
                it has a neat water sensor on the side so the prop will not turn unless it’s wet and it does move around quite well in the water. It’s got a tiny lipo battery and the boat is slightly off list in the water but added weight can solve it also you can use a figure off eBay that are knock off of the Torro m16 half track figures.

Comment

Oops, didn’t see the date on your post!
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                    It’s got a tiny lipo battery and the boat is slightly off list in the water but added weight can solve it also you can use a figure off eBay that are knock off of the Torro m16 half track figures.
                    Rich, you don't happen to have a link to those figures do you?

Comment

Well here is the link to one of them still on my ebay page but hahahaha you can forget about it Hes in the Russian Federation and it says seller is away until December 2030 LOL and it now says does not ship to United States.
                      He was the only one copying the Torro truck drivers so sadly none are available to my knowledge unless you just keep scouring ebay and find some. Im glad I got mine when I did a couple years ago. I bought a ton of figures from two guys and spent about 400 bucks. I had to populate all my shermans on the shelf. I havent even finished painting alot of them.

Comment

Thanks. I went out searching again on Ebay tonight and didn't come up with anything viable except maybe some 1/18 WW2 posable figures.

Comment

Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post
                          ...the product page:
                          1/16 Scale Ford GPA Amphibious Vehicle - RTR from Torro - TOR59001 The Ford GPA “Seep” (Sea Jeep) was an amphibious version of the World War II Ford GPW jeep. The DUKW amphibious 2 1⁄2-ton truck was used as a design reference, but the GPA was not as successful of a design as the DUKW with just 12,000 units being produc

...says: "Visit the Official Torro Ford GPA 1/16 Scale Amphibious Vehicle Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A."
                          But I don't see that thread anywhere?
                          OK I asked MRC where's the GPA thread?? And they said this is the one (which is not one of their Official dedicated threads at all):
                          Has anyone had any experience with Torro RC? Looks like they have some pretty neat vehicles: https://www.torro-shop.de/RC-Vehicles_1. Would love to have the M16 Halftrack or a Schwimmwagen. Looks like they don't have a US distributor though, maybe a good opportunity for Motion to pick up..

Comment

Working...
                          X