X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL King Tiger track adjuster/axle busted

Just unpacked my Heng Long King Tiger with metal idler, tracks and drive wheels. The metal idler was completely loose. The axle coming from the metal track adjuster was broken off. I have put in an email to retailer, but I like to have a backup plan. Where can I find a HL King Tiger track adjuster with the axle?

Read through the threads, found information about track adjusters. Contacted Toucan Hobby as a backup. They responded within hours. Purchased the HL King Tiger from Delta-LT. Contacted them. Was referred to Houston representative. He sent me the part I need to fix the King Tiger that afternoon. Did the 2 minute test on MFU functions. All good. While it is apart, did a smoker ectomy, disabled the airsoft and prepped the barrel to receive the laser. Will proceed to take the turret apart to run laser wires. Will plug into the LED 2. The track adjuster is made of pot metal, I wonder how durable it really is. Have others replaced with OEM track adjuster with another, if so what? Appreciate the help.

Comment

Its been my experience that Heng Longs zinc alloy is actually pretty decent...but Ive never dropped a tank, had to reef on metal parts with pliers, or beat the piss out of it with a hammer either....so your mileage may vary. I just bored some idler hubs to take a bigger diameter screw driver and It wasnt completely non-trivial to drill so If they use the same casting alloy for all of their parts Id say they are plenty durable.

Comment

With your name, your comments are always smooth, slick and to the point. Thanks for sharing your experiences. A doctor friend says that Vaseline is an excellent antibiotic. Should receive my replacement part soon. I am anxious to fire this King Tiger as soon as possible. Purchased a LEGOdei IR upgrade. I will get it wired and ready to go. If all goes well, I will add the IR upgrade to all my tanks. Be safe

Comment

Working...
        X