X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long Tank 2S 7000MAH Lipo Battery from toucanhobby

Are there first hand experience on the battery pack from Toucanhobby? There is no discharge curve to support the seller's capacity claim. No weight spec either. The physical dimension shown makes it impossible for a 7000 mAh Li-Po.

So far, I can find only 2200 mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po from established brand that can fit the Heng Long battery bay.

Originally posted by keilau View Post
    Are there first hand experience on the battery pack from Toucanhobby? There is no discharge curve to support the seller's capacity claim. No weight spec either. The physical dimension shown makes it impossible for a 7000 mAh Li-Po.

So far, I can find only 2200 mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po from established brand that can fit the Heng Long battery bay.
    Then you are not looking very hard. There are dozens of high capacity Lipo batteries in the 5000 + range that will fit the typical HL battery box. You have to look at the ones used in the R/C truck world not just in the R/C air world and you will find them.

If capacity is a huge thing for you think about removing the box entirely or modifying it as many of us do. This will allow you greater choice in batteries size and shape. It does not effect the integrity of the tanks hull to remove or modify the box.

Yes Toucan sells decent products and has reasonable good CS if there is an issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
      Then you are not looking very hard. There are dozens of high capacity Lipo batteries in the 5000 + range that will fit the typical HL battery box. You have to look at the ones used in the R/C truck world not just in the R/C air world and you will find them.

If capacity is a huge thing for you think about removing the box entirely or modifying it as many of us do. This will allow you greater choice in batteries size and shape. It does not effect the integrity of the tanks hull to remove or modify the box.

Yes Toucan sells decent products and has reasonable good CS if there is an issues.
      I actually had 2 Goldbat 5200 mAh LiPo on my bench for a few weeks. I trust Goldbat to have accurate capacity rating and the hard case dimension is slightly smaller than the HL battery compartment. I could not make them to fit without major surgery to the compartment. The output wires are too stiff. I decided against the mod and return the LiPo pads. I ended up building 2 Li-Ion packs using 4 18650 cells each. I am very happy with the DIY packs. I posted my experience in another thread here.

Comment

Working...
      X