X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Recruit

Just ordered my first two tanks! HL Sherman and Tiger pro edition from toucanhobby and delta lt on Amazon! The Sherm has shipped and the Tiger will arrive on Sunday. I'll have pics soon I'm so stoked for my tanks to arrive I think I've watched all the YouTube videos! I'm pretty sure the Sherman is 6.0 but ok not sure about the Tiger. If anyone has bought from Delta LT or Toucan I'd like to hear your experiences. Thanks

-Dan

Modified Edition 1/16 2.4ghz Remote Control German Tiger I Gray Color Tank Model(360-Degree Rotating Turret)(Steel Gear Gearbox)(3800mah Nimh Battery)(Metal Tracks &Sprocket Wheel & Idle Wheel) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDNYNKV...5MR8JCTEY9BS?_ encoding=UTF8&psc=1

​​​​​​​
    Heng Long 2.4Ghz TK6.0 1/16 Scale Radio Remote Control US M4A3 Sherman (105mm Howitzer) Tank Air Soft RC Battle Tank Smoke & Sound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C2RTXO8...8QSTGX5AGH67V8

That's awesome !

I have the all metal version M1A2 from Henglong (bought from Toucanhooby- Amazon) and couldn't be happier. I was just notified that the China shipment arrived to Taigen 2 days ago (Imex model co. Florida) and should be getting in the Taigen all metal M4A3 76mm soon.

I'm sure everyone is aware that Toucanhobby operates many storefronts: eBay, Amazon, Ali express as well as Facebook.........Facebook which brings up a situation I'm currently in. I have been chatting for several nights now with an unknown assistant, and expressed an interest in the M41 Walker Bulldog. I requested a 6.0 or 6.1 electronic package as opposed to the 7.0. The rep sent me to their eBay listing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	306668
    After I added up the shipping cost & tax, the total was somewhere around $380. This rep then said, this is the last one, and I can let you have it for $295-TO YOUR DOOR.
    Needless to say, I said "Ill take it" ! The rep then said "I will send you a Paypal invoice will that be ok?" I said "You bet" . After a few minutes the Paypal invoice came in, and I promptly paid it, after I had assurance from the rep that it would ship from their US based warehouse in Cranbury NJ (which is actually BFE Corporation 114 Melrich Rd) AND it would ship that day (conversations with Reps ONLY happens after 12:00 midnight CST).

The order was made 2 days ago, and the only thing that has happened as of this writing, is a shipping label has been created. It's NOT in the hands of Fed-Ex. Today I received an eBay purchase I made for Toucanhobby-2 Red 390 motors. According to the "Fraud 390 motor" thread in this forum, I have received 2 bogus motors. They are NOT bright Red, but rather dark crimson and have a whitish tint internal fan blades.

In summery, I'm not sure what's happening with Toucan, If I'm even going to get the Walker Bulldog or not. In a nutshell-If you buy from Toucanhobby, buy from a well established storefront like Amazon or eBay. While Paypal has assured me I'm protected, the hassle of filing a dispute and waiting for the outcome is a major bummer.

Perhaps I'm panicking over nothing, Perhaps not. I will say, the customer service on the front end has been stellar-no complaints there, as long as you're willing to get your questions answered in the wee hours of the morning.
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree, both of my tanks were Amazon prime deals.

edit: now that you mention it I ordered my tank early yesterday and they created a shipping label but UPS doesn't have the package. Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by LakewoodTigerGunner View Post
        I agree, both of my tanks were Amazon prime deals.

edit: now that you mention it I ordered my tank early yesterday and they created a shipping label but UPS doesn't have the package. Ugh

For what its worth:

Toucanhobby. 10,891 likes · 9,024 talking about this. You can reach ToucanHobby for pre-sale&after-sale service. You could buy RC trucks, cars, boats, airplanes, tanks, military trucks, rock...

Comment

I have used Toucan exclusively for my last 4 tanks and have not had any problems with them, mind you I am dealing with Godfrey in Asia directly and not a subsidiary seller

Comment

UPS notification from Toucan takes a couple of days to register, so give it a day or two. Purchase to delivery for me has been about 7 days, New Jersey to California. I have made direct purchases via Paypal invoice, and they have always come through. The price they quoted is within their negotiation range.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Well the plastic Sherman is in transit. I decided to get one fully done (the Tiger) and one bare bones and upgrade as I go (Sherman) epic battles are coming!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                UPS notification from Toucan takes a couple of days to register, so give it a day or two. Purchase to delivery for me has been about 7 days, New Jersey to California. I have made direct purchases via Paypal invoice, and they have always come through. The price they quoted is within their negotiation range.
                Thank you sir. I feel much better knowing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                  I have used Toucan exclusively for my last 4 tanks and have not had any problems with them, mind you I am dealing with Godfrey in Asia directly and not a subsidiary seller

I've asked for Godfrey in my chat sessions, but I think it fell on deaf ears...not sure how to reach him directly. One of my Paypal invoices he actually wrote a “Thank You” note, and on that invoice it lists this email address: xishui_68@hotmal.com.....and when I tried to send an email, a day later, gmail says its "not responding" and it timed out.

Comment

Never had a problem with Toucan.
                    Always 7 days to the west coast (WA) . Should only be a day or two to Florida.
                    Steve

Comment

Here is Godfrey email Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210401-105741_Gmail.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	306687

Comment

If you message Toucan on FB messenger, Godfrey is the one responding.

Comment

I tried mailing on the address quoted, only to be asked to post my question on Aliexpress instead. The same occurred another time when I asked something on Facebook Messenger. It seems weird that one company has different channels and different methods of responding depending on who you're talking to.

Comment

Working...
                          X