X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High End castings

Looking for high-end castings for your Tank?

That Browning M2 has my interest for sure....

Other artist on there as well.....check em out......

Found another source for Tank Accessories (ordered). The cost of shipping is offset mostly by the US/Aussie currency exchange rate.

Comment

Hi Zip, Thanks for the Post. Shapeways prices always scare me away.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Me too......

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
          Hi Zip, Thanks for the Post. Shapeways prices always scare me away.
          The prices are high on some items but you more then often get higher quality printed parts. Shapeways is safe to order from but it’s not a fast process getting your product. They print to order and it can take up to three weeks to receive your products depending on where your order falls in the “production line”.

Comment

I have spent a fortune at shapeways but that is why my models look so great. They have Sherman stuff available from nowhere else. I’m always ordering from them.
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Speaking of Shapeways.....I found this commander's cupola for my M3 Lee. Why Vandra didn't include it in their conversion kit, I don't know, but a Lee without one is...naked!

Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 Lee 26.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	306809Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 Lee 27.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	306810
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Here is a resource I didn't know about. Tons of tank stuff https://cults3d.com/ Smokes Shapeways like a Sabot to weak armor.

Comment

Here is a resource I didn't know about. Tons of tank stuff https://cults3d.com/ Smokes Shapeways like a Sabot to weak armor.
                  Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this site looks to be like Thingiverse, where you simply download the 3D file and print on your own 3D Printer. Shapeways however, you can actually purchase items, many of which are, or can be, printed on SLS printers.........which of course run several thousands of dollars and offer detail that cannot be matched.

A SLS 3D printer is waaaaaay out of my budget, but I am contemplating on purchasing a decent resin 3D printer...right now it's hard to justify one.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                    Speaking of Shapeways.....I found this commander's cupola for my M3 Lee. Why Vandra didn't include it in their conversion kit, I don't know, but a Lee without one is...naked!

Name:	M3 Lee 26.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	306809Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 Lee 27.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	306810
                    Exceptional, indeed.....

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                      I have spent a fortune at shapeways but that is why my models look so great. They have Sherman stuff available from nowhere else. I’m always ordering from them.
                      What is your average turnaround time ?

Comment

2-3 weeks at most.
                        RC tank parts and accessories I make
                        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this site looks to be like Thingiverse, where you simply download the 3D file and print on your own 3D Printer. Shapeways however, you can actually purchase items, many of which are, or can be, printed on SLS printers.........which of course run several thousands of dollars and offer detail that cannot be matched.
                          Well, not challenging you but Shapeways is more for people that don't want to open source their projects and want to be compensated for their creations. I am talking from the perspective of a person that already owns a printer. Thingsverse is more about "hey look what I made. If you want it here it is and if you want to improve it put the remix here" Cult seems to be a combination of Things and Shapeways. So Cult isn't the same as Thingsverse as there are people who want you to pay on Cult. Cult is way cheaper then Shapeways. That is the creator's choice. Believe me when I say I have downloaded stuff off Things that I know the creator spent hundreds of hours on creating and only asked for a donation. I don't think they monetized the STL out of love for the hobby. Others might feel different and want the money. I think Shapeways is only worth it if you are willing to pay for what you want. Buyer beware though. I have downloaded lots of stuff off Things and was glad I didn't pay as the prints turned out to be horribly thought out. But you can improve them and upload them into the platform for others to enjoy. You can Tip the creator once you know it works. Creators on Things appreciate that. Some of the remixes are fantastic. It takes talent to churn these things out and multiple minds help. If you get a printer it is as addictive as RC. Ask me how I know?

Comment

Well, not challenging you but Shapeways is more for people that don't want to open source their projects and want to be compensated for their creations. I am talking from the perspective of a person that already owns a printer. Thingsverse is more about "hey look what I made. If you want it here it is and if you want to improve it put the remix here" Cult seems to be a combination of Things and Shapeways. So Cult isn't the same as Thingsverse as there are people who want you to pay on Cult. Cult is way cheaper then Shapeways. That is the creator's choice. Believe me when I say I have downloaded stuff off Things that I know the creator spent hundreds of hours on creating and only asked for a donation. I don't think they monetized the STL out of love for the hobby. Others might feel different and want the money. I think Shapeways is only worth it if you are willing to pay for what you want. Buyer beware though. I have downloaded lots of stuff off Things and was glad I didn't pay as the prints turned out to be horribly thought out. But you can improve them and upload them into the platform for others to enjoy. You can Tip the creator once you know it works. Creators on Things appreciate that. Some of the remixes are fantastic. It takes talent to churn these things out and multiple minds help. If you get a printer it is as addictive as RC. Ask me how I know?

I agree 100%...I was looking at it purely from the aspect of not owning a printer, and wanting to purchase an actual model already made. No doubt the price is high, but the quality is stunning..and in my opinion worth the cost (if you got the pockets). I didn't see any "buy it now" on Cults web site, hence my comment.

Be sure to have a Happy Easter !

Comment

Happy Easter

Comment

I was looking at Shapeways but notice on some items it says "success rate: First to try". If I understand the FAQ correctly this means you could end up paying for a misprinted item, am I right? Seems a bit dubious if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                                  I was looking at Shapeways but notice on some items it says "success rate: First to try". If I understand the FAQ correctly this means you could end up paying for a misprinted item, am I right? Seems a bit dubious if that's the case.
                                  Well.....if that's the case, then I'll have to pass for sure. For the price I would expect what I see is what I get.

Comment

I have a Mato 50 Calibre Heavy Machine Gun cast. Unfortunately, it is casted in a way that it can point to the sky only when mounted on a HL tank. (I intend to use it on a M26 Pershing.) There are many sellers on e-bay. You can see the pictures all have the mounting post at ~30° to the horizontal. Any one knows how to fix it, other than removing the ammunition box? I mean pointing the M2 horizontally.

Name:	Mato-M2_on_sherman.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	309025
                                    I also purchased the hull mounted machine gun with the LED in the barrel. It works ok.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                                      I have a Mato 50 Calibre Heavy Machine Gun cast. Unfortunately, it is casted in a way that it can point to the sky only when mounted on a HL tank. (I intend to use it on a M26 Pershing.) There are many sellers on e-bay. You can see the pictures all have the mounting post at ~30° to the horizontal. Any one knows how to fix it, other than removing the ammunition box? I mean pointing the M2 horizontally.

Name:	Mato-M2_on_sherman.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	309025
                                      I also purchased the hull mounted machine gun with the LED in the barrel. It works ok.
                                      Yes, if it's the metal one I'm assuming. I had the same problem. I have some diamond studded Dremel bits I got from Harbor freight. One of them is a fine needle tip. I used it to remove material in this underside location, which allowed the .50 Cal to pivot down much more.. It's not perfectly level, but allot better than before..

Name:	20210415_223831.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	309029

Name:	20210415_223909.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	309031
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Yes, if it's the metal one I'm assuming. I had the same problem. I have some diamond studded Dremel bits I got from Harbor freight. One of them is a fine needle tip. I used it to remove material in this underside location, which allowed the .50 Cal to pivot down much more.. It's not perfectly level, but allot better than before..
                                        Thank you for sharing and the detailed picture. I will get my Dremel tool out. The Mato cast are pretty low quality. I have to use Jeweller's files on it several times to deburr the casting seams too.

Comment

Working...
                                        X