X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
    Heng Long could also consider offering a kit version so some of us experienced modelers can do the final assembly or mods as we see fit. They could also offer just the rolling chassis and let end users decide what electronics/mechanicals go into the tank. This will drastically simplify the factory assembly chain.
    Regarding your rolling chassis comment, Toucan sells "static" kits for about $100. I use them, discard the parts I don't want and upgrade, modify or convert the rest to what I want.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
      Heng Long could also consider offering a kit version so some of us experienced modelers can do the final assembly or mods as we see fit. They could also offer just the rolling chassis and let end users decide what electronics/mechanicals go into the tank. This will drastically simplify the factory assembly chain.
      a few stores already offer static kits with no electronics but with some being equal to or slightly less then their full option cousins i dont see it as worth it.

Comment

Make offers. I've bought static kits for less than $100 full cost. They're not just shells, they have motors, gearboxes, turret rotation and elevation, some have speakers or smokers. I bought a Sherman that way and converted into a M3 Lee and a Panzer 4 to convert into a StuG IV. But if you can find full option ones for $100 go for it.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
        X