X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPV Tank camera power supply wiring

New heng long tank owner. I have two, one 6.0, the other 7.0.

I am trying to wire a micro fpv camera to the power supply.

I'm entirely new to this sort of thing so any advice work tutorial video links would be really handy.

Cheers.

The owners manual depicting the MFU, shows "CN5" as the port for hooking up power to a FPV camera @ 6v ??

Comment

Thank you very much. Stanley at rc tank legion responded to a YouTube video comment and pointed out I believe the same thing. So I will be investigating that. I'll post my results.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThumbs View Post
        Thank you very much. Stanley at rc tank legion responded to a YouTube video comment and pointed out I believe the same thing. So I will be investigating that. I'll post my results.
        I'm about to attempt the same thing. Post how it turns out.....

Meanwhile.....shows the hookup...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
          The owners manual depicting the MFU, shows "CN5" as the port for hooking up power to a FPV camera @ 6v ??
          I set up two fpv cameras on my hl challenger 2. One for the driver position and one in the commanders camera position. I wired both to that port. Linked one to my iphone and one to my ipad. Both work fine but they are energy hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

I set up two fpv cameras on my hl challenger 2. One for the driver position and one in the commanders camera position. I wired both to that port. Linked one to my iphone and one to my ipad. Both work fine but they are energy hogs.
            Thank you sir. Port CN5 is only 6v I assume? Which obviously means your FPV Cam must operate at that voltage. My FPV cam operates off of 12v, but with a wide voltage band I believe. I guess the only way to find out is to hook it up and see..I was contemplating hooking it direct to Batt voltage ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Thank you sir. Port CN5 is only 6v I assume? Which obviously means your FPV Cam must operate at that voltage. My FPV cam operates off of 12v, but with a wide voltage band I believe. I guess the only way to find out is to hook it up and see..I was contemplating hooking it direct to Batt voltage ?
              Hmm, the cameras I used look identical to the one shown in the link you posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Hmm, the cameras I used look identical to the one shown in the link you posted above.
                Roger that.

Comment

Working...
                X