X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any clubs in the Midwest?

Hello I’m interested in this hobby and would like to visit a club. I’m in the Midwest (Minneapolis). I cannot find many clubs anywhere in the USA. Any recommendations?

The AMA has a club finder webpage if someone in that area doesn’t respond.
    The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.

Comment

You will hard pressed to find an RC tank club on club finder sites. The vast majority are on Facebook and don’t promote themselves. Tanks are sadly a small niche hobby.

There are three out west Ca/Nv, two in TX and three in the southern states that I know of. The closest to you would have been FRAG in CO. but they lost their field and haven’t to my knowledge been able to find another.

Most of us have to drive rather far to enjoy a day of tank battling or driving with like minded folks.

Comment

Thank you for letting me know. I noticed they have 1:24 and 1:72 IR tanks now so I am thinking about building my own battlefield now and have been reading about it. Not sure about the smaller scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Discharged View Post
          Thank you for letting me know. I noticed they have 1:24 and 1:72 IR tanks now so I am thinking about building my own battlefield now and have been reading about it. Not sure about the smaller scale.
          The smaller scale are even harder to find others to build or join in. Stick with 1/16 as there are far more choices and you can drive them much harder.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

My 2 cents. I 've just been eviscerating a HL 1:30 tank for a conversion project. I can't imagine the IR components are strong enough for any distance in daylight. They appear to be designed for indoors, flat flooring, not sun and dirt. I second Rubicon's advice.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Interesting, flat ground would be no fun

Comment

Working...
                X