X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StuG III upgrade path thoughts & questions

Hello all, I have been thinking about getting the Henglong StuG III. I have read the upgrade threads and have a couple of options that I'd appreciate input on.
    I intend to upgrade to 6.0/6,1 and I understand I can go with the 6.0 upgrade kit. looks pretty straightforward.
    My other thought is to get a 6.0 Panzer III and drop a StuG upper hull on top. Is there any issues one can foresee doing this mod? I "assume" the upper StuG hull should fit properly on the Panzer III hull. Has anyone out there gone this path? I obviously need to rewire the upper hull electronics to the newer board.
    I don't think I could wait for a 6.0/7.0 version. Ok I could but I don't wanna.
    Again any input is appreciated.
    thank you,
    HorribleHarry

Harry, I do not know if they would match up. Here's food for thought.

This is the underside of the v5.3 StuG.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1442.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	311877

This is the underside of the v6.0 Panzer III. Some holes similar, some differences., mostly around the smoker in back.

Name:	IMG_1443.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	311878

Were you thinking of buying full kits of both tanks? If you were going to buy just a StuG top, there are too many other parts you'd have to get.

Name:	IMG_1444.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	311879

I bought a v5.3 StuG III and upgraded it with a 6.0 board and a wiring kit bought from Toucan. I found it to be a straightforward project.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Yeah I'd need to get all the doo-dads etc. I guess just getting the StuG is the way to go. Thank you for your input

Comment

Working...
      X