Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long walker bulldog pro v7.0

Hi

I purchased this tank along with 2 red 390 motors for some extra power due to the added weight. Not sure where the other metal parts are, I see the tracks and drive wheel but nothing else. I took off upper shell to install motors but I can’t remove the factory ones from the gearbox which is completely covered (can’t see gears). Anyone else come across this?
    thanks

Originally posted by K2151 View Post
    Hi

I purchased this tank along with 2 red 390 motors for some extra power due to the added weight. Not sure where the other metal parts are, I see the tracks and drive wheel but nothing else. I took off upper shell to install motors but I can’t remove the factory ones from the gearbox which is completely covered (can’t see gears). Anyone else come across this?
    thanks
    You have to remove the sprockets first, then remove the both gearboxes to make the motors easily accessible to replace. There are only three screws per side that hold the gearboxes in place (total of 6 for both sides). You will have to remove the plastic gear cover to access four of the screws.

It should take you less then 45 min start to finish the first time you do it. After that it’s easier and can be done in less than 20 min once you have done it a few times.

Comment

I appreciate it. I removed all those, how can I remove the plastic cover to access the screws underneath? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by K2151 View Post
        I appreciate it. I removed all those, how can I remove the plastic cover to access the screws underneath? Thanks again
        They pull straight up, they are only snapped on.

Comment

Thanks for your help much appreciated

cheers

Comment

Hi! I think I bought the same tank you did. I got it from Toucan. With mine, in the description and the pictures, the tank supposed to have metal sprockets, idlers, and tracks. Mine came with the plastic idlers. I emailed Toucan about the issue. They apologized and stated that they would mail me the metal idlers. I am in the process of waiting to receive the M41 metal idlers. If you got your tank from Toucan, then you can do the same as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
              Hi! I think I bought the same tank you did. I got it from Toucan. With mine, in the description and the pictures, the tank supposed to have metal sprockets, idlers, and tracks. Mine came with the plastic idlers. I emailed Toucan about the issue. They apologized and stated that they would mail me the metal idlers. I am in the process of waiting to receive the M41 metal idlers. If you got your tank from Toucan, then you can do the same as I did.
              Just a heads up from someone that has been running multiple M41s for years. The plastic idler is better then the metal idler. Why? Because the rubber tires on the metal idler have a tendency to grab and hold the track teeth and pull the track off the idler wheel causing a de-track and/or the rubber often being pulled off the wheel. This happens more while reversing or in soft soil under turning loads.

The plastic idlers do not have these issues and as such are far more reliable.

Comment

Thank you for this info. I will leave my plastic idlers they way they are then :-)

Comment

Question for you M41 owners; are the turret grab handles separate parts or molded in place on the surface of the turret? Thanks!

Comment

Mine came with as parts and I attached them on with superglue.

Comment

Today I install the LegoDEI (blue) IR receiver into my 7.0 HL M41 tank so I can bring it to the next LA battle (I fought with a German tank and a Russian tank yesterday ). I purchased this M41 RTR. So I did not modify anything, except putting a red LED machine gun light in the turret. I noticed that the tank went out of action after 5 hits. Do owners of 7.0 HL M41 tank experience the same number hits then become killed on this tank? All my other 6.0s HL tanks suffered 6 hits before "drop death" . Kindly clear up this issue for me. I don't mind battling with one less hit with it. I'd like to put my M41 into action next month.

Comment

Today I install the LegoDEI (blue) IR receiver into my 7.0 HL M41 tank so I can bring it to the next LA battle (I fought with a German tank and a Russian tank yesterday ). I purchased this M41 RTR. So I did not modify anything, except putting a red LED machine gun light in the turret. I noticed that the tank went out of action after 5 hits. Do owners of 7.0 HL M41 tank experience the same number hits then become killed on this tank? All my other 6.0s HL tanks suffered 6 hits before "drop death" . Kindly clear up this issue for me. I don't mind battling with one less hit with it. I'd like to put my M41 into action next month.
                        If it’s five hits you still have no worries​​​​​. That is the same as the Tamiya “medium tank” setting and thus closer to being a fair fight with Tamiya “protocol” tanks. The M41 is actually a light tank that most myself included run as a medium do to its size.

Comment

Got it! I was just curious. I also have a HK 7.0 T34/85. I went ahead and put the LegoDEI onto it and tried. It also went off after 5 hits too.

So for next month battle, I will have the HL M41 and the HL T34/85 side by side using one 7.0 transmitter to go control them both. I will have then the "combo allied armors" with could take 10 hits before they are out of action, (kidding), LOL.

Comment

Got it! I was just curious. I also have a HK 7.0 T34/85. I went ahead and put the LegoDEI onto it and tried. It also went off after 5 hits too.

So for next month battle, I will have the HL M41 and the HL T34/85 side by side using one 7.0 transmitter to go control them both. I will have then the "combo allied armors" with could take 10 hits before they are out of action, (kidding), LOL.
                            You could run two tanks. I often do to bump up the number of tanks on the field to balance the teams out. But only fight one at a time. The one not directly in the fight/hidden is turned on, vulnerable to fire and being knock out. If it wasn’t that would not be fair.

Just bring your second TX and bind it back to one of the tanks. Then you would be set for two tanks on the field. It’s kinda like having a second life or regenerate point but with the threat of being taken out before it can be used.

Comment

Working...
                            X