You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amewi and Heng Long V6.0 tanks compatible in IR battle...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amewi and Heng Long V6.0 tanks compatible in IR battle...

...are they? I get conflicting answers from seller online.

TTFN,
    Rob
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post
    ...are they? I get conflicting answers from seller online.

TTFN,
    Rob
    Amewi? That’s one I haven’t heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Amewi? That’s one I haven’t heard of.
      Well, they smell, look and act like Heng Long tanks in the specs they list on the sales page, (https://www.jurod.nl/RC-tank-JAGDPAN...GHZ-V6.0-IR/BB ) and the transmitter looks like a Heng Long V6.0 with a different sticker. In the specs they call the MFCB a V6.0 as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Naamloos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	317429

But one seller I emailed said they don't work together, the other says they do...

So, confusion all around.

TTFN
      Rob
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Well, they smell, look and act like Heng Long tanks in the specs they list on the sales page, and the transmitter looks like a Heng Long V6.0 with a different sticker. In the specs they call the MFSB a V6.0 as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Naamloos.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	317429

But one seller I emailed said they don't work together, the other says they do...

So, confusion all around.

TTFN
        Rob
        The old 5.2/5.3 TX look just like the 6.0+ TX. They are not compatible with each other. The question is are these meant for the old 5.2/3 or new 6.0 systems?

I would have to see the MFU that they go with to tell.

Comment

They do claim "IR battle capable". Do 5.x systems even have IR?

Comment

They do claim "IR battle capable". Do 5.x systems even have IR?
            Some 5.2/5.3 do some don’t. IR compatible with what? The TX does not make the tank IR compatible that is the MFU (control board) function. Again I would need to see what MFU (control board) these TX are associated with.

Comment

Well. just got this answer from one shop;

Hi Rob,

Amewi tanks are basicly Heng Long tanks. If you have a Heng Long V6.0s tank you can battle with Amewi tanks from V6.0 or higher, and ofcourse with Heng Long tanks V6.0 or higher.

Viele Grüße / Best regards

Andreas Klehr
              www.rc-panzer-shop.de
              Sooo... if the Amewi tank sports V6.0 it is a 6.0 TX. Mystery solved. And they tend to be a bit cheaper then a full-fledged Heng Long for some reason...

TTFN,
              Rob

Comment

Working...
              X