X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taigen 1/16 metal edition conversion from airsoft to recoil

Firstly, is it even possible to convert a metal edition Taigen King Tiger tank from airsoft to having muzzle recoil (don't care as much about the IR) using available parts? If yes, how hard would that be?

Possible, as their kits are shipped with components to build either version. You can also buy full turret or full turret + upper deck.Or just piece the parts together if you have patience.

You can refer to this sample manual to see the parts and process, I am sure there's one for the KT Page 1 - TIGER I KIT MANUAL (imex-model.com)

Comment

I see. i was interested in getting the King Tiger pro edition with the 2 tone camo but can't seem to find that in the IR version. So I was thinking of getting the airsoft version and converting it to IR. I don't see the recoil unit or turret for that though.

I guess the other option would be to get the desert sand camo and just airbrush it myself, although I've never done that before so not sure how it would turn out.

Comment

I think you should get what you want instead of piecing it together, not because it's not fun, but for the fact that you may not be able to source all the parts in a timely manner. I am ok with the monotone KT but somewhat apprehensive with the "cracks" mentioned in another thread. I can wait if it ran out, not like I need another tank ATM.

Comment

Yeah that's true, maybe better to wait like you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
          X